Reports To: General Manager
The manufacturing buyer position manages a expenditure base for materials and/or services to support the company’s purchasing programs. The buyer is responsible for source selection and procurement functions directly associated with the company’s needs for raw materials, services, fixed assets and tooling. These products and services are to be secured at cost quality and at delivery competitive levels consistent with company policy and industry performance standards.
· Responsible for purchasing and negotiating materials, equipment, and supplies from vendors.
· Evaluates vendor quotes and services to determine most desirable suppliers.
· Initiates purchase orders and amendments for materials, services and/or special tools; arranges for submission and inspection of sample products as required; maintains close coordination with plant engineering to ensure timely execution of product and services sourcing activities.
· Ensure that orders are delivered on time and at cost.
· Resolve billing and shipping problems and provide information to suppliers.
· Manages raw material inventory levels and schedules availability of purchased items to meet production schedules. Conducts periodic checks of inventory and replenishes as required.
· Secures and analyzes quotations, negotiates prices and terms with suppliers, and recommends suppliers with respect to cost, quality and delivery competitiveness for assigned responsibilities.
· Studies market prices and trends, engineering developments, and manufacturing method improvements applicable to assigned responsibilities; advises company activities with concurrence of materials manager, plant manager and/or executive management.
· Identifies and interviews prospective suppliers to determine supply capabilities, transportation logistics, inventory control and management; negotiates prices and delivery terms with guidance from senior management.
· Creates and maintains supplier metrics to assess quality of service, product and process; communicates metrics to suppliers as appropriate, and tracks corrective actions to completion.
· Coordinates as appropriate quality matters and engineering changes/developments between company activities and suppliers.
· Quantifies new sources and assists in the resolution of production, design, quality and/or delivery problems.
· Perform other related duties as directed
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· Understanding of company policies and business practices including industry standards, Good Manufacturing Practices, ISO requirements, health and safety.
· Analytical Skills: Ability to work with multiple vendors to determine the best deals for the company, will have to evaluate the pros and cons of each, based on price, quality, speed of delivery and other factors.
· Decision-Making Skills: Ability to use the information gathered to make decisions on behalf of the company.
· Negotiating Skills: Ability to work with suppliers to create the best deals.
· Team player capable of successfully interacting at all levels with suppliers, peers, seniors & subordinates in the successful resolution of day-to-day business issues.
· Capable of influencing key stakeholders, collecting critical inputs and facilitate collective solutions.
· Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
· Capability to work independently, handle changing priorities and short time constraints.
· Show strong work ethic necessary for leading by example, miss work rarely and will be always well-presented.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· Bachelor’s degree preferred with emphasis in business administration, economics or engineering. Experience may be considered in lieu of a degree for a candidate who can demonstrate capable of successfully fulfilling all duties and responsibilities of the position.
· 5-7 years of progressively responsible purchasing and materials control experience in a manufacturing environment.
· Project team leadership is a plus.
· Ability to work hours, as required, that are appropriate to completing projects and tasks on schedule.
· Proficient computer skills: MS Windows, MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Power Point).
· Have a strong working knowledge of ERP / MRP systems.
· No direct supervisory requirements.
· Training and project leadership.
· Responsible for workflow, training for new employees, and answering job-related questions.
· This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
· This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies up to 20 pounds.
· Location: Corporate Headquarters 9 Lovell Derive in Bellows Falls, Vermont.
· General Hours: 8 am – 5 pm (or as appropriate to accomplish customer satisfaction)
· Key Stakeholders: Executive Leadership Team, Sales, Engineering, Quality, Manufacturing
· TRAVEL; Limited travel
This description is representative of the knowledge, skill and ability necessary to carry out the requirements of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 – $25.00 per hour
Work Location: One location
We are interviewing for a MAINTENANCE TECH position. Harvest Bakery Services deals with a wide variety of Food Manufacturing and...Apply For This Job
Perdue Foods is part of Perdue Farms, a family-owned company heading into it’s second century of growth and innovation. With...Apply For This Job
Job Requisition ID # 20WD40522 Global Technical Support @ AutodeskOur specialists collaborate closely with their peers to analyze trends in...Apply For This Job
Description: If you are looking for a great developmental Finance opportunity in a fast-paced manufacturing environment with a global company,...Apply For This Job
Job Summary Reporting the Director of Engineering, you will be an expert on distribution center layout, material flow, project management....Apply For This Job
We are HIRING FORKLIFT operators and general laborers. Super place to work in Franklin Park, IL area. Choose from the...Apply For This Job