Walter E. Smithe Furniture & Design is growing and adding designers to our team in Glendale Heights.
You may have experience selling furniture or other luxury goods in a high-end retail environment.
You may have built your career in the Interior Design space – with a design-related firm, through your own independent design business, or in some other capacity.
You may be doing something else entirely but dreaming of a career in design and ready to make a change.
Our most successful designers come from a variety of backgrounds. If you see yourself in any of the descriptions above and are ready to make a change, then we invite you keep reading to learn more about the potential of a career in sales as a designer at Walter E. Smithe.
Walter E. Smithe Furniture & Design is a family business that has been serving Chicago area clients since 1945. Over the past 75+ years, 4 generations of the Smithe Family have lovingly grown and led the business, including 3 generations who are still actively involved to this day. What sets us apart is our expert designers, our quality product, and our high-level approach to client service. We’re also known for our recognizable advertising, which features the family and catchy promotions, like our very popular Trade In Sale.
Walter E. Smithe designers have the unique joy of bringing beautiful design and happiness to their clients. Newly hired designers go through our comprehensive 12-week training, which sets them up to confidently connect with clients and meet our sales objectives. As a Smithe designer, you will have 200+ vendors at your fingertips, including a range of in-stock, quick ship, and custom options. In this role, you will rely on the latest technology tools and benefit from a highly supportive team of dedicated client service, warehousing, and delivery professionals. You will have the opportunity to earn generous commission, paid on order, with performance-based accelerators.
We say that the designer role here at Smithe is just as much sales as it is design. As a Smithe designer, you will connect with qualified clients, assess their needs, and determine the ideal path forward. Some projects will result in a quick close, while others will allow you to engage in the creative process through home consultations and the use of design tools. Our Designers are encouraged to develop meaningful client relationships, which oftentimes lead to repeat and word-of-mouth business.
On our team, you’ll be celebrated for your successes. We offer fun perks for monthly achievements, incite friendly competition with contests, and reward top performers with annual bonuses. Plus, we love showcasing and promoting the work of our very talented designers. Check out some of our real-life makeover projects: https://www.smithe.com/makeovers.inc
· Experience within the fields of design and/or high-end retail sales
· Motivated, entrepreneurial, and ready to win as part of an active, goal-orientated sales team
· Confident and engaging personality – someone who easily connects with others
· Highly organized, solution minded, adept at managing multiple projects at once
· Committed and capable of learning what it takes to become an expert on our product and technology
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to move through the showroom at a pace that satisfies the needs of our clients
· Flexibility to work weekends, evenings, and holidays
· Access to vehicle and valid driver’s license for home consultations
· Computer confidence, particularly experience with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint); CRM experience a plus
· 12 weeks paid training
· Variable commission structure with performance-based accelerator
· Commission paid on order (not delivery!)
· Performance-based bonuses
· Flexible Schedules
· Access to quality product lines, beautiful showrooms, and design tools
· Support Staff to assist with client service and delivery
· Dedicated brand advertising and personalized marketing support
· AMAZING employee discounts
· Competitive benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance; 401K; Employee Assistance Program; Paid Holidays; PTO and much more.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $40,000.00 – $100,000.00 per year
Ability to Commute/Relocate:
ABOUT THE COMPANY Unified Power was formed in Dallas, Texas in 2011 with a vision of providing the nation’s datacenters,...Apply For This Job
Birmingham, AL Job Summary The Bridge Consultant is responsible for driving technical marketing, promotion and sales for our Structures products...Apply For This Job
The 2021 season is coming sooner than you think! If you would like a job that is fun, challenging and...Apply For This Job
Ophthalmic Instrument Company is a well-established, distributor of ophthalmic diagnostic equipment based in Avon, MA. We are looking for a...Apply For This Job
TRAK Machine Tools is a manufacturer of computers for metalworking factory automation. We integrate our computers (known in the industry...Apply For This Job
MEDIUS SOFTWARE Sales Development Representative – REMOTE Medius is a leading global provider of cloud-based spend management solutions, helping organizations...Apply For This Job