Crosby is the world leader in the heavy lift industry. We strive to set the standard for quality, training, and technical expertise in the field. It’s our goal to exceed the expectations of our customers through technical leadership, innovative solutions, vertically integrated manufacturing, premier use of support, and a value-added distribution channel.
We are committed to investing in and developing our employees’ talents and leadership, and are currently seeking candidates for this position.
Crosby offers a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes paid time off, medical, dental, vision, life and disability coverages, 401(k) with company match and 10 paid holidays annually.
The Human Resources Generalist, with limited supervision, is responsible for the successful administration of Human Resources activities, including staffing/recruiting, employment, employee relations, labor relations, compensation and benefits, and compliance with legislation and Company policies and procedures.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (*Essential)
1. Coordinates with management regarding open positions and is responsible for ensuring job descriptions are accurate and identifies the essential elements of positions prior to obtaining management approval on requisitions to fill positions.*
2. Administers the recruitment efforts for non-exempt positions.*
3. Administers the hiring process, which includes ensuring that applicant meets the qualifications of the position, working with manager on employment offers, coordinates post-offer, pre-employment drug screens and background checks.*
4. Conducts employment verifications and reference checks on final applicants, i.e. prior employment references, etc. to gain adequate information on which to base final selection decision.*
5. Ensures compliance with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security in regard to authorization to work in the U.S.*
6. Conducts onboarding process for new employees which includes completion of all new hire documentation and processing new hire action forms and obtaining appropriate management approval.*
7. Represents the company for unemployment claims.*
8. Partners with Shared Services to ensure company policies and procedures are followed.*
9. Assists with annual open enrollment each year which includes distribution of open enrollment materials, communicating changes to employees and arranges for on-site representation if applicable, for employee open enrollment meetings. Processes changes timely and accurately.*
10. Liaison between plant employees and Shared Services on benefit plan administration, including 401(k) matters.*.
11. Assists with annual audit processes.
12. Maintains the HRIS system for employee work group, ensuring HR records are maintained in an accurate and confidential manner, and in compliance with applicable legal requirements.*
13. Conducts benefit orientations and ensures accurate enrollments for various employee benefit programs, such as group medical, life, disability, and retirement plans.*
14. Administers rules of CBA, including progression and seniority.*
15. Administers compensation program; monitors performance evaluation program.*
16. Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions, and results of department in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvement in efficiency of department and services performed.
17. Facilitates and/or provides training (including orientation) to the workforce.
18. Maintains working relationship with Union officials (when applicable) and adheres to terms of labor contract by monitoring day-to-day implementation of policies concerning wages, hours, and working conditions.*
19. Coordinates distribution of a variety of Company communications affecting employees, including policies and employee notices, and posting for employee benefit programs including Summary Plan Descriptions.*
20. Fosters effective relationships with team members.*
21. Administers FMLA and Leave programs.*
22. Acts as first resource for Plant employees to ensure their understanding and compliance of policies, regulations and Company programs, keeping management abreast.*
Special Location/Position Requirements:
Job Specifications (Work Experience, Skills, Abilities, etc.)
Some college required; degree preferred.
Physical Demands/Environmental Conditions:
Normal office conditions. Office may be located in a multi-level office building. Job demands may require long periods of sitting, telephone work and/or computer work, as well as interaction with other people. Normal office conditions include walking, standing, bending, kneeling, climbing stairs, lifting, driving and/or traveling.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
About us MBS Equipment Co. MBS Services is a multi-national, studio-based, production services and infrastructure business with a network of...Apply For This Job
Who we are- ANTIGUA SPORTS APPAREL Antigua is a leading brand that designs, sources, decorates, markets, and sells high-quality products...Apply For This Job
Position Description Job Summary: This position reports to the Human Resources Manager and is responsible for providing support for all...Apply For This Job
Love the HR role? Seeking a part-time HR Coordinator for our leading-edge construction and commercial solar firm to process payroll,...Apply For This Job
Our Opportunity: Chewy is currently seeking a Human Resources Administrator to join our team in Reno, NV. We are looking...Apply For This Job