About the Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts of Miami-Dade County
Set in the heart of downtown Miami, the Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts of Miami-Dade County is committed to welcoming and connecting ALL people to the arts, to the Arsht Center, and to each other. Since opening in 2006, the Arsht Center, a 501C3 non-profit organization, has been a catalyst for billions of dollars in new development in the downtown area, a leader in programming that mirrors South Florida’s diversity, a host venue for historic events and Miami’s hub for arts education.
For more information, visit arshtcenter.org.
The Operations Coordinator is a dynamic professional, responsible for the optimum operation of his/her assigned area of responsibility and who is knowledgeable in facility operations, theater management, project management, and safety. Reporting to the Senior Director of Operations, the Operations Coordinator supports the development and implementation of operational initiatives as they pertain to both the Arsht Center’s role as a public cultural venue and a cooperative working environment. The nature of the industry and institution requires the employee to work a flexible schedule, often calling for availability on nights and weekends.
As a member of the Operations department, this position shares responsibility for both the audience experience as it relates to amenities such as concessions, on-site restaurants, parking, and security, as well as the daily administrative and logistical responsibilities of maintaining a high performing, collaborative workplace. As with all leaders in the Operations division, this position is expected to take ownership of the “big picture” and get involved, as needed, to insure the best possible experience for guests and colleagues.
Must be an exceptionally strong communicator and leader of people; capable of dealing with a wide variety of people from very different backgrounds. The Operations Coordinator is a team player who adheres to departmental core values and consistently demonstrates professional behavior. Must be comfortable working independently; have strong communication skills and a positive “can do” attitude.
· Perform resource planning and coordination within the Operations line of business.
· Manage and monitor interdepartmental projects pertaining to the operation of the Center.
· Monitor progress of recurrent projects and/or operations, with focus on those involving Center contractors (parking, security, food & beverage) and 3rd party vendors (project-based).
· Develop project plans, schedules and resource allocation for select projects as assigned.
· Execute administrative duties to support the Senior Director, Operations.
· Process invoices, month-end process activities and reports.
· Coordinate efforts for maintaining an organized and efficient work environment and manage building resources including individual workspaces and storage.
· Attend and observe select performances and events with attention to operational standards and efficiencies.
· Assist with the request and bid process for 3rd party vendor service contracts.
· Assist with the creation and maintenance of operational and emergency management policies and procedures.
· Assist with the submission and management of documents related to the Center’s risk mitigation process.
· Facilitate monthly Safety Committee meetings.
· Serve as a proxy for the Senior Director, Operations in select meetings and situations as communicated/agreed.
· Perform other duties and responsibilities necessary for the operation as appropriate or required.
· Bachelor’s degree, or 4 years of experience working in a performing arts center or public assembly environment.
· Strong customer service, organizational and analytical skills.
· Excellent interpersonal, verbal and digital communications skills
· Exceptional skills in organization, problem solving, planning and prioritization; attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
· An understanding of the general principles of project management; ability to manage tasks across multiple projects simultaneously
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers, vendors and guests, working effectively in a team environment with shared responsibilities.
· Some experience/understanding of the food and beverage industry.
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, advanced knowledge in Excel is a plus.
· Bilingual in English/Spanish is a plus.
The Operations Coordinator should be:
· Action-oriented; a doer
· Affable, easy to get to know
· Determined and persistent
· Highly energetic
· Dedicated to accomplishing the organization’s goals
· While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently required to stop, reach, stand, walk, lift, pull, push, grasp, communicate, and use repetitive motions.
· While performing the duties of this position, the employee may frequently lift and or move 40 pounds of materials.
· The position requires the individual to meet multiple demands from multiple people and interact with the public and other staff.
Note: The above job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by staff assigned to this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of staff in this position. Duties, responsibilities, and skills are also subject to change based on the changing needs of the job, department, or organization. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the Adrienne Arsht Center as the requirements of the job change.
The Adrienne Arsht Center is an equal opportunity employer committed to being an inclusive workplace and strongly believes in the importance of having a diverse group of individuals represented.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $42,000.00 – $45,000.00 per year
All staff and guest are required to wear a mask and take a daily wellness questionnaire, common areas frequently sanitized.
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
Company Description Who We Are: Paisan Logistics is an owner operator based company. We do not have any company drivers,...Apply For This Job
Introduction DB Schenker is the world’s leading global logistics provider – we support industry and trade in the global exchange...Apply For This Job
Req ID: 171001 BASIC PURPOSE: Gemini Motor Transport operates trucks across the United States, servicing Love’s Travel Stops wholesale and...Apply For This Job
To be one of the H.U.N.K.S., you must be: Honest, Uniformed, Nice, Knowledgeable, and Service-oriented. Come and see what all...Apply For This Job
Location: Department #867 2025 Kwik Trip Way La Crosse, WI 54603 Requisition: 111889 Range Min: $17.69 Shift: Overnights Already a...Apply For This Job
At Diventures we are in the relationship business. The Travel Coordinator contributes to the success of the Diventures Travel program...Apply For This Job