Svitla Systems is a global trusted IT solutions company headquartered in California, with business and development offices throughout the US, Latin America, Europe, and Asia. Svitla is an outspoken advocate of workplace flexibility, best known for its well-established remote culture, individual approach to our teammate’s professional and personal growth, and family-like environment.
Svitla Systems’ global mission is to build a business that contributes to the well-being of our partners, personnel and their families, improves our communities, and makes a lasting difference in the world. Join us!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OR RESPONSIBILITY:
Our client seeks a strong contributor tesponsible for higher level technical support to the University community including design, setup, configuration, troubleshooting and upgrading technology. Must also generate documentation on how to utilize the systems, provide written technical resolutions in a central knowledge base and assist in development of technical standards for learning technologies. In addition to support of daily operations, this position includes a significant amount of vendor and customer interaction in the evaluation, technical design and implementation of projects that advance the state of digital media technology at the University.
1. Explores, identifies, evaluates, enables, and promotes existing and emerging digital media, surveillance, and instructional technologies and their application.
2. Design, install, program, configure and maintain new or existing technology systems and services for a diverse customer base within the University community.
3. Provides senior support to distributed and central technical service providers.
4. Performs high-level technical analysis to integrate digital media technologies.
5. Advise, consult, and provide services in the design, creation, and delivery of digital media technologies.
6. Provides high level of customer service and satisfaction to the University community in resolving complex issues with a broad range of technology systems.
7. Coordinates single/multiple vendor interactions on projects.
8. Effectively communicates project expectations to team members, stakeholders in a clear and timely fashion.
9. Serve as project technical lead through:
a. Planning and scheduling project timelines and milestones
b. Estimating the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals
c. Developing and delivering progress s, proposals, requirement documentation, technical training sessions, and presentations.
d. Conducting project post mortems and creating recommendation s in order to identify key project elements and improve future projects.
10. Produce and continue improvement of audiovisual design documents including: audio and video components, wiring schematics, and renderings.
11. Design, integrate, maintain and program the latest control processors, servers, and peripheral devices.
12. Read architectural plans
13. Prepare proposals and designs for audiovisual system integrations and installations.
14. Deliver customer and IT partner Digital Media technology end-user/administrator training.
15. Deliver projects on time, and on budget.
16. Contributing to design review and code review as required.
17. Log support requests and issues ed into a central database and maintain their updates.
18. Generate s and analyze trends in issues and contribute to the design and implementation of permanent resolution to issues.
19. Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
A/V installer, design engineer, systems engineer and/or programmer.
Skills/Knowledge and Expertise:
Constant sitting and computer usage, frequent walking and standing required.
May require occasional bending, stooping, and squatting.
Simple grasping and frequent use of computer keyboard.
Ability to lift up to 50lbs.
Work Environment/Work Week/Travel
Primarily office setting, AV closets and /or data center with exposure to noise and cooler temperatures.
Work performed during standard business hours, 8:00AM-5PM, M-F, occasional overtime required to meet business deadlines.
Travel may be required to other campuses, meetings or training. Valid driver’s license required. Incumbent must also be able to meet the University’s fleet rules and be eligible to drive for University business. The University’s insurance carrier reserves the right to exclude applicants based on their driving record.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40.00 – $42.00 per hour
Ability to commute/relocate:
Willingness to travel:
Work Location: One location