JOB TITLE: Help Desk Technician
DEPARTMENT: End User Computing
REPORTS TO: Justin Gelber (Senior Manager of EUC)
This role is responsible for taking initial technical support calls, email, or ticket inquiries and troubleshooting and managing relatively simple hardware, software or network problems, recognizing and escalating more difficult problems. Members of this team should be able to triage, consult and effectively resolve most user support issues.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other assignments, projects, and duties may be required:
· User account management
· Troubleshoots and supports all network laptops/computers.
· Understanding of IT principles and ability to communicates technical concepts effectively to a varied audience.
· Assists in the set-up, maintenance and repair of PC hardware & this will include distribution of equipment
· Use ticketing system to answer all issues in a timely fashion based on department SLA’s, and other methods of communication to insure proper resolution.
· Walk users through problem-solving processes and consult on workflow best practices for remote employees
· Knowledge Base content creation and cultivation, special projects, customer communications, product and tooling integration and validation, etc.
· Infrequent/occasional travel may be required for initial training and/or site builds and has reliable transportation
· This is on an onsite position with work from home opportunity
· Interaction with Equipment sourcing vendors to coordinate delivery to needed locations
· Work closely with procurement specialists to ensure line of site on all equipment on hand for accurate sourcing of additional equipment
· Week on week cost summary and communication with Finance
· Coordinate shipping and receiving of equipment on a schedule that supports all onboarding and offboarding activities for remote employees
· Monitor and manage equipment inventory and control systems & produce weekly tracking reports
· Working with partners at multiple sites to keep track and organized storage and retrieval of devices to allow for accurate inventory
· Strong organization and planning skills
· Strong Communication, and interpersonal skills
· Intermediate to advanced technical and functional skills
· Solid data gathering and analysis
· Adaptability and stress tolerance
· Experience in a customer support role
· Experience with help desk tools
· Technology troubleshooting experience
· Experience in all Microsoft Office tools
· Experience working remotely and/or with distributed teams is a plus
· Strong Organization & self-leadership skills
· 1-3 years of experience in providing customer service
· 1-3 years’ experience in software support/SaaS
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to manipulate objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. Noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $12.00 – $16.00 per hour
Work Location: Multiple Locations
Skipio is seeking a full-time Graphics Designer to join our organization. Seeking an individual proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud applications,...Apply For This Job
As a Snowflake Developer, you will interface with key stakeholders and apply your technical proficiency across different stages of the...Apply For This Job
Description At Weyerhaeuser, we are working hard to be the world’s premier timber, land, and forest products company. Not only...Apply For This Job
Our Principal Project Manager will be responsible for leading projects on entire suite and multi-product bundles of Nuance solutions and...Apply For This Job
Overview Guidehouse is a leading management consulting firm serving the public and commercial markets. We guide our clients forward towards...Apply For This Job
Under the guidance of the Manager IT Service Delivery, the Desktop Technician III position will be responsible for supporting MIHS...Apply For This Job