At Wonderland, a fiction imprint of Sourcebooks kids, we believe that books changes lives. We get to spend every day creating children’s books, aiming to reach the widest possible audience because children everywhere need amazing books. It’s kind of a big deal.
· Do you believe books change lives?
· Do you LOVE kids’ books?
· Do you believe kids’ books instill a love of reading in children that lasts a lifetime?
· Do you want to create stories that spark imagination?
· Do you want to be part of a creative team of designers, artists, salespeople, marketers and all-around smart and kind people?
· Are you obsessed with detail, data, and understanding what consumers want and need?
· Do you prefer a fast-paced collaborative environment driven by a wide variety of tasks?
· Are you excited about stepping out of your comfort zone to learn new things?
If you’re passionate about our purpose and commitment to storytelling, this might be for you.
We are seeking an outstanding individual to join our Wonderland editorial team.
This role includes:
· Learning non-traditional packaging, publishing and creative development processes—no literary agent contacts, no submissions to review, this team creates the pub program
· Conducting industry and market research to determine marketplace trends, project strength, and competitive positioning
· Writing data-driven catalog, jacket, online, and marketing copy, and managing the detailed updating of data and content to company databases
· Coordinating multiple activities for several project lines with sales, publicity, and production/design
· Managing freelancer, author, and client relationships, ensuring proactive, positive, accurate communication
· Serving as an instrumental part of our editorial development team, offering suggestions for new ideas, concepting partnerships and projects, and delivering readers products that both inform and delight
Are you ready to drive opportunities on our creative, growing team? If this sounds like you, please send a cover letter convincing us why you would like to join the kids imprint team along with your resume.
Sourcebooks, an independent publishing house located in Naperville, IL, is growing because every one of us believes that books change lives. We know that hard work and cooperation create momentum, and that new marketplace realities require an entrepreneurial, flexible mentality. If you share those beliefs, come grow with us!
This is a hybrid position, ideally based out of our home office in Naperville, Illinois.
Sourcebooks, LLC. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 – $21.00 per hour
Ability to commute/relocate:
Work Location: One location
ABOUT Artistic Tile Artistic Tile elevates projects beyond the ordinary. With class-leading innovations in design and unparalleled quality, our brand...Apply For This Job
Spectrum Networks is looking for enthusiastic, talented and driven individuals to join the best and brightest in gathering, producing and...Apply For This Job
Quadratic, a wholly owned subsidiary of The Richards Group, provides advanced analytics, digital analytics, data solutions, and relationship marketing services...Apply For This Job
Who are we? At Intersection, we are at the forefront of the smart cities revolution. Our mission is to improve...Apply For This Job
Senior Media Buyer / Media Buyer Universal Windows Direct is continuing its rapid expansion of branding domination and is seeking...Apply For This Job
We are looking for a talented Social media manager to administer our social media accounts. You will be responsible for...Apply For This Job