Job Title: Snow Reporter
Reports to: Communications and Events Specialist
Status: Seasonal Part Time
Snowbasin Resort believes that people are at the center of everything we do, from caring for our employees and guests, to serving the communities where we live. We are committed to promoting equality, diversity and inclusion in hiring, training, and career advancement. Building a community that is respectful and kind towards one another is who we are.
Snow Reporter reports Snowbasin’s daily conditions, weather, events and other communications/marketing messaging in many and various snow reporting outlets in the early morning. They are responsible for writing, recording audio reports, working with multiple computer programs, and completing all tasks in a quick, timely, and professional way. Tasks must be completed under strict deadlines early in the morning. The Snow Reporter must strive to obtain and maintain a high standard of quality reporting and be very detail-orientated. This person works from home on computer/laptop of tablet. This job comes with a free season pass, and the person will never have to work while the lifts are turning. The snow report is done every morning during the winter season and will be split between 2 people.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Early-morning attendance required (4:45 am – 6:45 am)
2. Write about conditions, weather, snow facts, and marketing messages without spelling mistakes.
3. Must have clear spoken voice to record daily phone reports with enthusiasm.
4. Check the weather forecast
5. Get Snow Totals from the website (posted by ski patrol)
6. Update third party sites with snow totals, weather, and one-liners about day of activities.
7. Compose and post the Snow Report on the Conditions Page of the website
8. Record a short message 1 minute or less on the Snow Phone with enthusiasm.
9. When snow message is pertinent use social media to get the message out 6:30 am.
1. Personal Computer/Laptop/ Tablet – working from home
2. Person phone used to call into Snow Phone
1. Strong writing skills
2. Meticulous attention to detail
3. Intermediate/ advanced computer skills
4. Professionalism and strong communications skills
5. Have clear spoken voice for recordings.
6. Work well under pressure
7. Be on time, reliable, and responsible.
8. Familiar with Twitter, Facebook and Instagram
RESPONSIBILITIES TO SAFETY:
1. Promote the health and safety of yourself, your co-workers, and Snowbasin Resort guests at all times.
2. Promptly report any potentially harmful equipment or situations to your immediate supervisor and/or appropriate department(s).
3. Report health and safety-related accidents, incidents, and near-misses at once to your immediate supervisor and appropriate department(s), following procedures.
4. Follow all company and department Health & Safety policies and procedures as outlined in the Snowbasin Resort Employee Handbook, and department specific materials.
5. Operate equipment in a manner that will not lead to injury of yourself or others.
6. Drive in accordance with the law and Snowbasin Resort policies, whether in personal or company vehicle.
7. Ensure personal health and wellness by staying home when ill, and report to supervisor if an absence is necessary.
Tagged as: USA
Job Summary: Who Are We? Live Nation Entertainment is the world’s leading live entertainment and eCommerce company, comprised of four...Apply For This Job
True North, Inc.www.truenorthinc.com Who We Need Our full-service advertising agency is looking for a Media Supervisor to assist in leading...Apply For This Job
Seeking skilled writer to interview patients and chronicle experiences for an innovative surgical practice. In addition, there will be some...Apply For This Job
Position Location: York, PA Hours: Full-Time, Exempt | Monday–Friday, 8:00 AM–5:00 PM Scope: Reporting to the Strategic Marketing Director, Agency,...Apply For This Job
TikTok is the leading destination for short-form mobile video. Our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. TikTok has...Apply For This Job
“,”AnswerValue”:”HBO Max is the future of entertainment and storytelling. WarnerMedia’s new streaming entertainment offering, HBO Max is the culmination of some...Apply For This Job