Sharkey Transportation is seeking an Operations Manager at their Quincy IL facility. Founded in 1971 Sharkey Transportation Has more than 3,000 Customers we serve today. Specializing in Van, Reefer, and Flatbed Services. We operate our fleet in 48 states. Sharkey Transportation, Inc. provides leasing, drop lot management, shipping office services, and warehousing. Our extensive terminal network has grown to over 14 full-service facilities strategically positioned throughout our service areas, and we now have over one million square feet of warehousing space available. We keep growing, but our focus continues to live through our motto of “Success Through Service”.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to.
· Manage a seasoned team of employees with a positive professional relationship.
· Provide leadership and guidance to team members through communicating company initiatives, addressing, and resolving concerns, and providing the tools and resources needed to complete assignments in an efficient manner.
· Motivate, mentor and coach your team to ensure company standards, and driver goals are met. Effectively address issues or concerns promptly and use critical thinking skills to remove barriers or obstacles to achieving company goals.
· Direct daily activities related to routing, planning, dispatching, and tracking Equipment.
· Communicate timely and effectively with the operations staff to ensure a high level of service
· Review dispatch software and driver assignments to ensure all loads are dispatched.
· Responsible for timely and efficient movement of loaded trucks carrying various products, Assist staff as needed in scheduling loads and assigning qualified drivers, Entering load information into McLeod system and preparing confirmations for each load, Reviewing documentation to ensure that proper loading numbers, billing instructions, etc. are correct., providing documentation and communication to drivers all pertinent information for scheduled load(s), reviewing dispatch plan and driver assignments to ensure all loads are dispatched., monitor and update drivers’ progress throughout the shift and update McLeod by actualizing the events. Review driver’s Hours of Service Logs on XRS for available hour
· Hours of employment Monday-Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Previous management experience in the transportation industry is required.
Ability to deal with fast paced situations effectively and come to viable solutions effectively
Excellent interpersonal skills and attention to detail, friendly, active listener who is willing to help customers and coworkers alike.
Must have positive attitude and able to work in an open team-oriented environment.
Ability to adapt to new computer software.
Experience in Mcleod, Microsoft Office, Excel preferred, but not required.
We offer an excellent benefit package which includes paid holidays, paid vacation, Family health, dental, life insurance. Pay will be based on the candidate’s experience.
Experience in Van and Flatbeds operations preferred
Job Type: Full-time
Ability to commute/relocate:
Work Location: One location