- Provide Level-3 equivalent support to shift teams in troubleshooting incidents by analyzing the troubleshooting data and providing experienced feedback on next actions before engaging next Level support
- Design and develop training and competency assessment (in line with reporting manager) towards the shift team’s RF engineers to ensure each team’s ability to support multiple technologies, processes and services are at par with Global Services standards
- Liaise with other technical teams to ensure all procedures, training, checklists, workarounds, etc. remain complete and relevant
- Liaise (and maintain technical knowledge on par with) external teams in IT, Gateway Services, Sales Engineering, Asset Management, Payload Management, and other level 3 teams as required to manage the tickets
- Create technical documentation to assist the NOC shift engineers with daily incident troubleshooting and resolution.
- Provide technical input to the Service Improvement team and lead the Problem Management initiative from within the NOC. Identify problems and liaise with the appropriate Engineering team to find appropriate and permanent solutions
- Document and maintain a lessons-learned database and ensure a constant culture of improvement.
- Customer Service
- Written and oral communication
- Global Cultural Awareness
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Telecommunications, or related field (education can be substituted for experience)
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Satellite or Network Operation Center
- Experience troubleshooting complex satellite earth station systems
- Deep knowledge of satellite systems engineering with high level understanding of technical impact on operational effectiveness
- ITIL Foundation certification preferred
- Proficient in Written and Verbal English required, additional languages a plus
WHATS IN IT FOR YOU?
In addition to a competitive salary and benefits package, we offer you a truly global opportunity in an exciting industry and all the support you’ll need for both your professional and personal development. But most of all, we offer a truly unique opportunity to play your part in making a difference for those who need it most. We strive to uphold honesty, transparency and courage in everything we do. We’re proud to belong to the SES team and collaborate towards success.
GOOD TO KNOW
SES and its Affiliated Companies are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. In conformity with U.S. Government technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), and/or other applicable U.S. law, regulation or other requirements imposed by the U.S. Government, certain positions may require U.S. Citizenship, status as a lawful permanent resident of the U.S. or a “protected individual” as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligibility to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State or U.S. Department of Commerce.