Short Range Mine Planning Engineer will be responsible for the short range mine planning for the East Archimedes (EA) project at the Ruby Hill mine site. This will be a key support role to the EA Project Manager, the Nevada Operations Manager, and the Regional Open Pit Mine Engineer.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Creating daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly mine plans based on the life of mine design and schedule.
· Monitor the mining progress to ensure adherence to the mine plan and quality of the mining process.
· Create a leach pad stacking plan to accommodate all the ore mined on a daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis.
· Create a waste dump plan for all waste tons mined on a daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis.
· Monitor the waste placement on the waste dump to ensure adherence to the provided plans.
· Monitor the ore placement on the leach pad to ensure adherence to the stacking plan.
· Work in conjunction with other departments to ensure that safety and quality standards are met during the mining process.
· Cross train on the duties of the grade control geologist to ensure adequate coverage of both job requirements
Skills and Qualifications:
· Bachelor’s Degree in mining engineering or similar.
· 3-5 years’ experience with 3D CAD software (Vulcan or similar).
· 3-5 years’ experience in an open pit mining project.
· 3-5 years’ experience in mine surveying.
· Ability to perform field work with a demonstrated focus on safety.
· Strong organizational and time management skills.
· Ability to learn, manage and maintain all necessary systems.
· Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
· Ability to work with minimal supervision.
· Experience with PC based applications including the Microsoft Office suite of programs.
· Strong work ethic and professional demeanour.
To be eligible for this position, an individual must possess the following requirements to perform the essential job functions:
· Must be able to physically perform the basic life operational functions of climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, and repetitive motion.
· Able to wear and demonstrate to employees the use of personal protective equipment including hardhat, steel toed footwear, safety glasses, ear plugs, gloves (rubber, leather & cloth), and/or any other equipment required to do the job assigned safely.
· Able to operate a telephone and mine phone/radio with sufficient voice and hearing to carry on a conversation for the purpose of communicating information to management.
· Ability to hear sufficiently to distinguish various pitches of warning alarms.
· Able to lift at a minimum 30 pounds periodically.
· Must possess a valid Driver’s license and be able to operate a light vehicle.
· Ability driving to remote work areas and attend meetings where scheduled.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $70,000.00 – $105,000.00 per year
Mandatory face coverings on site at all times. COVID 19 vaccine available to all employees and their spouses, are encouraged to get.
SunIRef:Sales:title Unqork is the no-code platform that’s pioneering a new way for companies to build, deploy, and manage complex enterprise-grade...Apply For This Job
Review project documentation to understand the project’s complete scope of work. Manage, analyze and review the project specifications to ensure...Apply For This Job
Aerotek is currently working with an aerospace client in Hood River, Oregon that is looking fora Sr. Quality Engineer with...Apply For This Job
Business Group Highlights Intelligence The Intelligence group provides high-end systems engineering and integration products and services, data analytics and software...Apply For This Job
TRAX International (TRAX) is preparing a proposal for future performance of the U.S. Navy NAVAIR NAWCAD Range Technical Support Services...Apply For This Job
Position_Summary This role will support brake lab testing and engineering activities. Essential Duties: (This list is not exhaustive and other...Apply For This Job