Responsible for the treatment oversight of pacemaker/ICD transtelephonic checks and more advanced pacer/ICD interrogations.
Actively promotes a Lean work culture by performing team member duties to encourage consistent use of LEAN principles and processes, including continually seeking work process improvements. Recognizes the necessity of taking ownership of one’s own motivation, morale, performance and professional development. Strives for behavior consistent with being committed to Excela’s missions, vision and values.
Essential Functions: Defined as duties specific to the job, that, if removed, would change the entire purpose of the job; to include the Essential Physical Demands and Essential Working Conditions of this position.
– Core Essential Functions:
– Regular, consistent, on-site, and timely attendance.
– PROFESSIONAL ROLE
– Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending education workshops; reviews professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
– Assures quality of care by adhering to therapeutic standards; measuring health outcomes against patient care goals and standards; making or recommending necessary adjustments; following system/hospital and nursing division’s philosophies and standards of care set by state board of nursing, state nurse practice act, and other governing agency regulations.
– Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols, medication administration and storage procedures, and controlled substance regulations.
– Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
– Maintains continuity among nursing teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs using Nurse Knowledge Exchange techniques.
– Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
– CLINICAL ROLE
– Identifies patient care requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual patients, and other persons in a position to understand care requirements.
– Establishes a compassionate environment by providing emotional, psychological, and spiritual support to patients, friends, and families.
– Promotes patient’s independence by establishing patient care goals; teaching patient/family to understand condition, medications, and self-care skills; answering questions.
– Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations; calling for assistance from health care support personnel.
– LEADERSHIP ROLE
– Resolves patient problems and needs by utilizing multidisciplinary team strategies.
– Maintains a cooperative relationship among health care teams by communicating information; responding to requests; building rapport; participating in team continuous quality improvement and problem-solving methods.
– Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
– Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
– Maintains nursing supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies; using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
– Specialty Essential Functions:
– Performs transtelephonic pacemaker checks.
– Calls on scheduled time and is courteous.
– Gives instructions well and handles the technical aspects of receiving the transmission.
– Performs the clerical functions of distributing reports, filing after physician signature and billing.
– Performs pacer/ICD interrogations in the clinic and at bedside when ordered.
– Introduces self to patient and explains the test.
– Asks patient to state their name and date of birth and confirms by bracelet and requisition that this is the patient to receive the intended test.
– Satisfactorily performs all technical aspects of the exam for all vendor types.
– Works well with vendor reps and physicians gathering all the needed information for a thorough assessment of pacer/ICD function.
– Instructs patient and family in post implant care, need for telephone checks and clinic visit based on the type of device and manufacture’s recommendations.
– Instructs patient and family providing written, person to person and video instruction when possible.
– Documents instruction given in the medical record.
– Provides the patient and family with the opportunity to learn both formally and informally about their medical condition and the lifestyle related factors that contribute to it.
– Encourages patient and family to attend classes offered in the center.
– Provides written education materials when available to support or enhance what was taught in class or in person.
– Refers patient and family to support services when needed.
– Refers to a registered dietitian as needed.
– Refers to social services or mental health as needed.
– Refers to the Office of Vocational Rehab as needed.
– Marginal Functions: Defined as duties that are not essential in nature and do not take a considerable amount of time to complete (less than 10%).
– Maintains a sufficient level of supplies in the department
– Maintains record of services provided for verification and statistical purposes.
– Cleans and assures proper maintenance of all equipment.
– Performs all clerical function related to running cardiac rehab including answering and making phone calls, getting reports out on time, posting charges, copying and filing.
– Performs non-invasive diagnostic testing which produces electrocardiographic tracings, to provide data to the physician to aid in the proper diagnosis and treatment of heart disorders. These tests include, but are not limited to cardiac stress tests, nuclear stress tests and stress echoes.
– Performs other duties as required.
– Required Skills and Knowledge: Minimum level of education, skills and abilities necessary in performing the job.
– Graduate of an accredited Nursing Program
– Effective January 1, 2015 required BSN with hire or obtain within four (4) years from date of hire.
Certification / Licensure / Regulation:
– Current licensure to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Pennsylvania
– Current Basic Life Support (BLS) approved curriculum of the American Heart Association (CPR and AED) program.
– Current ACLS or completion within six (6) months of hire/transfer into department
– Basic Arrhythmia Course or completion within one year of hire/transfer into department
– A Nursing refresher course may be required if employee hasn’t worked in an acute care setting for his / her most recent three consecutive years of professional employment.
– PA Act 153 Clearances (Act 34-PA Criminal Record Check from the PA State Police system, Act 33-PA Child Abuse History obtained through the Department of Public Welfare, Act 73-FBI Fingerprinting
– One-year of pace maker experience
Other Skills and Abilities:
– Sound judgment, problem solving skills, strong oral and written communication skills, ability to follow directions from other team members; works independently assigned duties.
– Basic working knowledge of computers and office equipment
These are job related enhancements that are preferred or would benefit the performance outcome of the job but are not essential or required for the job to exist.
The above job descriptive information is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities, as an employee may be assigned other duties other than described in this document.
Admin Assistant for CEO of Special Events and Catering Company. Working as a team with the CEO within a sales...Apply For This Job
Johnson Automotive has the opportunity in our Accounting Department with an Administrative / Data Entry Assistant. We are seeking a...Apply For This Job
We are seeking a multi-tasking Office Manager to handle daily activities such as: -invoicing, order processing, incoming calls/customers, other various...Apply For This Job
Quickbooks Online, billing to customers for drug tests done by staff, policies,and training, as well as receivables Reconciliations and internal...Apply For This Job
Join our Winning Team today and start your ownership journey! WinCo Foods is a rapidly growing family of over 130...Apply For This Job
We are looking for a 18 wheeler truck driver in North Louisiana. Must have 3 hours experience. Hualing sand for...Apply For This Job