Leading Internet / New Media Company Web Services provides a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world. To meet the growing demand for AWS Services within government and air-gapped regions, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you have strong program management, IT infrastructure and/or programming experience, and can communicate highly technical concepts to audiences at different stages in the AWS journey, we’d like to speak with you. We are looking for a dynamic, organized self-starter to join AWS to manage new services and features being deployed in multiple regions. In this role, your primary responsibility will be supporting AWS service teams as a program manager supporting delivery of services and features within government and air-gapped regions.
You will have the opportunity to work closely with AWS leadership and Service Teams to sequence, report upon, and deliver services and features in government and air-gapped regions. You will collaborate and align with a specific set of AWS service teams and deliver status and reporting mechanisms for services across this specified set of regions. You will collaborate with Service Teams to deliver solutions that make efficient use of resources and technologies, identifying dependencies that need to be addressed within these regions. You will work with all stakeholders to develop schedules that ensure timely launch of services and feature. You will assess risks, anticipate issues, overcome technical obstacles, make difficult trade-off decisions, and balance business needs and technical constraints.
Successful candidates will have a strong program management background, be detail oriented, and have excellent problem-solving abilities. You will have a deep understanding of program management best practices. You will successfully represent program status to AWS senior leadership. Your program management expertise and operational excellence will influence the team’s decisions and drive secure and scalable solutions. You should be passionate about delivering great customer experiences and researching and developing new delivery methodologies.
This position requires that the candidate selected be a U.S. citizen
Have Questions, Wish to apply, have someone to refer?
contact Kevin Healy directly [email protected] Internet / New Media Company.com BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
· 5+ years of experience managing technical programs, or similar technical leadership role
· 5+ years of experience with software development lifecycle from conception to delivery.
· Bachelors degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent professional experience PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
· Proven experience in managing large scale enterprise projects
· Strong writing skills, able to easily communicate technical concepts and decisions to broad audiences in writing.
· Solid foundation in service-oriented and web-service technologies
· Experience designing and implementing systems using AWS
· Hands-on experience in an engineering role (e.g. Software developer, Network engineer, Systems Engineer)
· Meets/exceeds Leading Internet / New Media Company’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Leading Internet / New Media Company’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Leading Internet / New Media Company is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Leading Internet / New Media Company is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status