P&R Industries is a System integrator in Rochester NY. We are currently seeking a Senior controls engineer that has experience designing custom controls systems for highly automated machines. Principle duties are to create PLC/HMI programs, commissioning equipment, and perform a runoff that meets our clients requirements. Other responsibilities include working with customer specifications to create electrical designs of industrial machine controls and safety circuits. The Controls Engineer supports the software controls technicians, mechanical engineering and electrical departments.
· Front to back Design and programming
· PLC, HMI, Programming/debug + Support
· PLC, HMI
· Electrical controls/pneumatics knowledge
· Experience with Allen Bradley and Siemens
· Robotics experience a plus: ABB, Fanuc, IAI
· Vision Experience Also a plus: Cognex, Keyence
· Electrical design and hardware specification.
· Design and program sophisticated control systems.
· Simulate, test, and debug control systems in-house
· Startup systems at the end-users facility.
· Provide continuing system technical support over the phone or on-site.
· Identifying and defining the best technical solution and technical strategy for a customer.
· Participating in project proposals and discussions with our sales engineers and their customers.
· Designing and authoring control software to customer specifications. Software code will allow our hardware systems to properly control customer motion control equipment.
The qualified Controls Engineer must be well versed in control systems. This person must be proficient in PLC and HMI programming. This person should also possess good oral and written communication skills.
· Understands advanced software and machine control engineering principals
· Robot programming – Fanuc RJ series controls and ABB
· PLC programming (Allen Bradley RSLogix and Siemens S7 & preferable)
· HMI (Human Machine Interface) programming (Factory Talk and Siemens Winn CC flex)
· Design/debug electrical and software interfaces of machine tools and robot/automated loaders
· Electrical and software design of machine/automation safety circuits (E-stops, safety guarding, etc…)
· Commissioning and tuning of frequency & servo drives including servo / AC motors
· Can design and implement industrial communication and I/O networks (Profibus DP, Profinet, Ethernet IP or similar industrial communications networks)
· The ability to work closely with other controls engineers technicians to ensure functional interfaces and installations
Time Management skills
· Ability to manage workload effectively, to plan, organize, and prioritize work and meet deadlines
Project Management skills
· Proven ability to manage details of technical requirements including task assignments, tracking, and communications
Manage multiple projects at once while maintaining project cost and schedule constraints
Experience & Education:
· Minimal 6 years with Industrial controls design and software experience.
· Proven industrial electrical design experience and troubleshooting in both electrical circuitry and PLC
· Experience with Allen Bradley PLC’s and HMI’s or Siemens
· Experience in industrial networking & various communication protocols including Ethernet, Device net, RIO, etc.
· Experience and working knowledge of Machine Vision Systems
· Experience applying machine safety requirements using ISO 12100 & 13849
· Experience with robotic welding (arc, laser, resistance)
· Competency with AutoCAD and Microsoft Office
· General knowledge of AC/DC power, motors, drives/motion control, industrial controls, pneumatic valves and sensors.
· Knowledge of NEC and NFPA 79
· Knowledge of Automation Controls and Risk Assessments
· Familiar with commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures in machine control design
· Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or computer science, Associates of Applied Science, or equivalent experience
Valid Driver’s License and Passport
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $93,000.00 – $104,000.00 per year
Ability to commute/relocate:
Willingness to travel:
Work Location: One location
CF Industries is a global leader in transforming natural gas into nitrogen. The chemical processes we use ensure we have...Apply For This Job
Purpose The Advanced Mobility group is looking for a Senior R&D Engineer. Essential Functions* Provide technical leadership and support to...Apply For This Job
About Netskope Today, there’s more data and users outside the enterprise than inside, causing the network perimeter as we know...Apply For This Job
Cyber Security Engineer – IAM/IDM We are a diverse team of collaborators, doers, and problem-solvers who are relentlessly committed to...Apply For This Job
2022 Spring ENGINEERING Co-op Job Number: 21000LKB Chicago, Illinois | Charlotte, North Carolina | Statesville, North Carolina | Portland, Oregon...Apply For This Job
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and...Apply For This Job