Otelco is seeking an experienced Network Architect to plan and design the future network. The Network Architect is responsible for overall service provider network technology strategy and planning. This position includes responsibility for vendor recommendation, design, and planning for significant network deployments and upgrades. This position works closely with Planning and Design Engineers on network deployment and implementation planning. This position also works closely with OSP Engineering on fiber network design. This position collaborates with organizational leaders to understand business impact of technology decisions.
Essential Job Functions:
· Responsible for planning new network deployments
· Responsible for planning evolution of voice and data network to enhance service offerings and reliability
· Responsible for overall IP, Optical, Transport, and Access Network design and planning
· Plans and designs complex network augments and rearrangements to the existing network.
· Network Planning – responsible for long term planning, and budget preparation.
· Capacity planning – Utilize capacity data to make projections and anticipate needed upgrades
· Focus on product roadmaps to constantly improve the value of our service offerings for our customers and hold vendors accountable for deliverables, including by not limited to technical specifications, implementation specifications and service delivery standards
· Vendor selection – equipment and technology specification and selection
· Develop and document high level standards for OTELCO service deployments
· Work with internal technical teams for product placement and feature improvements for reliability, availability, and serviceability
· Audit and assess network against customer requirements and best practice
· Remote access design, network security design
· Provide technical assistance and support to other teams for major systems improvements.
· Mentor and train team members and coworkers in new technology
· Performs all other related duties as assigned by management.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Expertise in Service Provider IP voice systems and SIP required
· Experience designing and specifying Fiber Access network systems
· Experience with DWDM, OTN, and Carrier Ethernet technologies
· Experience with Cable TV and DOCSIS technologies preferred
· Experience with design, planning, maintenance of IP Networking and Routing solutions in a service provider environment required
· Experience with design, planning, installation and maintenance of Carrier Ethernet and Optical Transport solutions in a service provider environment required
· Knowledge of industry standards and best common procedures
· Knowledge of company products and services.
· Knowledge of company policies and procedures.
· Knowledge of general office procedures.
· Skill in operating various office equipment such as personal computer, copier, fax, two-way radio and telephone systems.
· Problem solving and network troubleshooting skills
· Ability to communicate with customers, co-workers, and various business contacts in a professional and courteous manner.
· Ability to follow written and oral instructions.
· Ability to work with numbers and calculations and create budgets and forecasts.
· Ability to pay close attention to detail and schedules.
· Ability to effectively function as a team player.
· Ability to work nights and weekends when required
· Travel throughout the northeast frequently required
· Occasional travel to various Otelco properties required
Education and Experience:
High school diploma required; 2 or 4 year degree preferred, with a minimum of five years of technical telephone utility and internet experience. Prior management experience preferred
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $80,000.00 – $110,000.00 per year
Ability to commute/relocate:
Work Location: One location
Date Posted: 2021-05-12-07:00 Country: United States of America Location: HUT31: Salt Lake City, UT 600 Komas Drive , Salt Lake...Apply For This Job
JOB SUMMARYThe Spectrum Assistant Store Manager is responsible for assisting the Store Manager in building a highly successful sales, retention...Apply For This Job
About GM There’s never been a more exciting time to work for General Motors. To achieve our vision of a...Apply For This Job
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That’s why we provide an...Apply For This Job
Position ID: 2962 Minimum Experience: Entry Level Education: AS Registration: (Not Specified) Required Skills: Microsoft Office Sponsorship: Immigration related employment...Apply For This Job
Website Graphic Designer If you are a Website Graphic Designer with experience in Adobe Creative Suite, please read on! Top...Apply For This Job