Office Manage – Next Steps Community Services
Location: Madison, NH
Summary: The Office Manager is responsible to support the leadership team in maintaining and enhancing the operations of the programs.
· Be an effective team member and hold customer service and satisfaction to the highest priority
· General administrative, clerical and reception duties including but not limited to: photocopying, answering and directing calls and emails
· Create, modify and improve various documents, forms, presentation training curriculum, org charts, flyers, newsletter, standard operating procedures, policies, etc. Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher
· Create business cards and employee badges for all employees
· Perform the role of secretary at each of the agency’s committee meetings and or other meetings
· Arrange for successful meetings/trainings or other events including but not limited to: scheduling locations, food and or travel accommodation and or other special arrangements
· Provide support to the leadership team in completing special projects as assigned by the Executive Director
· Make purchases as directed such as office supplies, promotional items for staff appreciation and recognition activities
· Maintain and communicate on call schedules
· Maintain inventory and communicate with external vendors as directed
· Create and maintain inventory lists for various items such as program furnishing and equipment, tools, etc.
· Maintain program vehicle inventory grids
· Maintain vendor lists for each program
· Create and maintain admissions grid for all intakes and discharges
· Provide training and support to employee relative to IT platforms including but not limited to email, SharePoint, Extended Care, etc.
· Perform other job-related projects and activities as requested or directed
· Be an effective member of the program team and larger Next Steps team
· Actively participate in all supervision sessions and use as a tool to continuously improve job performance and to grow and develop career
· Promote teamwork and establish and maintain positive, collaborative working relationships
· Embrace the agency’s mission and values. All actions enhance the services and reputation of Next Steps Community Services
Work Environment: The above descriptions are representative of those of an employee encounter while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these tasks.
Education/Experience Required: Preferred candidate would have a High School Diploma and or GED with two years of administrative experience. The candidate must be proficient in clerical and business office operations, Microsoft Office Suite; Outlook, Word, Excel, Publisher and PowerPoint. The candidate must be proficient in a Windows- based environment including communications software using remote and file transfer protocols, proficient organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks, flexibility to manage assigned workload in order to meet specified task deadlines, competent in operating and maintaining standard office equipment such as a multi-functional machine(copier/printer/scanner/fax), postage meter, etc.
License/Requirements: Valid Driver’s License
EOE Statement: Next Steps Community Services assures equal opportunity and public access and, if necessary, affirmative action in all its policies regarding employment and provision of services. Next Steps does not discriminate in its hiring, programs, or policies based on race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, disability, sex, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $19.00 per hour
Work Location: One location