We believe real value is powered by the unique skills and experiences of our professionals. The interchange of ideas from a diverse group of people gives our teams an expanded perspective and the ability to find better solutions for our clients.
Company : Black & Veatch Corporation
Req Id : 18742
Job Title : Materials Admin 3
Location : RGGARNER
Business Unit Sector : COR-CORP-CEFS
Opportunity Type : Staff
Relocation eligible : No
Full time/Part time : Full-Time
Project Only Hire : No
Visa Sponsorship Available: No
Performs complex material administration activities to support project teams, which may expand to complex activities across multiple projects. May be required to support other procurement duties. Receives general supervision.
– Understands complex Materials and Logistics terminology.
– Understands how Material activities are relevant in a project environment.
– Files appropriate record documents and follows Corporate and project filing rules.
– Prepares status reports, as assigned.
– Acts as liaison between home office and field procurement professionals.
– Works directly with field materials manager to ensure information is being received timely and the upload format is conducive to field receiving.
– Receives, organizes and uploads equipment shipping details to material/inventory management system.
– Reconciles discrepancies between vendor material lists and shipping notices.
– Works directly with vendors and/or expediting to ensure vendors provide contractually required documents in compliant formats.
– May be responsible for converting vendor information into company standard format for uploading to material/inventory management system.
– Proactively plans the material administration efforts for all materials/vendors prior to mobilization of the field materials manager.
– Reviews contract terms to understand vendor requirements to support material delivery.
– Understands company field materials responsibilities and information requirements needed to support the scope.
– May assist Field Materials staff with organization of preventive maintenance requirements and uploading of the information into the material/inventory management system.
– Reviews vendor delivery schedules to identify peak delivery windows.
– Assist field project teams with receiving activities prior to mobilization of field materials manager.
– May train others in the function of a Material Administrator.
– May create tutorials, training presentations, and training documentation.
– May provide training on inventory management system.
– May work closely with inventory management software developers, testing, troubleshoot, and providing system performance feedback.
– Coordinate transportation of tools and equipment to job sites in a timely manner.
– Works closely with accounts payable to ensure accurate billing and invoicing.
– Provides input to process improvements.
BA or BS degree in Supply Chain, Business, Technical / Engineering, Construction Management or related field (preferred). Relevant experience may be substituted for a degree.
Minimum of three (3) years relevant experience. All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
Travel may be required. Normal office environment. When traveling, normal jobsite environment.
Black & Veatch endeavors to make accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process because of a disability, please contact the Employee Relations Department at . This contact information is for disability accommodation requests only; you may not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications. General inquiries about the status of applications will not be returned.
Black & Veatch is committed to being an employer of choice by creating a valuable work experience that keeps our people engaged, productive, safe and healthy.
Our comprehensive benefits portfolio is a key component of this commitment and offers an array of health care benefits including but not limited to medical, dental and vision insurances along with disability and a robust wellness program.
To support a healthy work-life balance, we offer flexible work schedules, paid vacation and holiday time, sick time, and dependent sick time.
A variety of additional benefits are available to our professionals, including a company-matched 401k plan, adoption reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, vendor discounts, an employment referral program, AD & D insurance, pre-taxed accounts, voluntary legal plan and the B & V Credit Union.
We are proud to be a 100 percent ESOP-owned company. As employee-owners, our professionals are empowered to drive not only their personal growth, but the company’s long-term achievements – and they share in the financial rewards of the success through stock ownership.
By valuing diverse voices and perspectives, we cultivate an authentically inclusive environment for professionals and are able to provide innovative and effective solutions for clients.
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please click here. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please click here and here.
Notice to External Search Firms: Black & Veatch partners with BountyJobs for contingency search business through outside firms. Resumes received outside the BountyJobs system will be considered unsolicited and Black & Veatch will not be obligated to pay a placement fee. If interested in learning more, please visit and register with our referral code: bv123. Once registered, Black & Veatch will have access to your contact information should we choose to engage your agency for future hiring needs.
Nearest Major Market: Raleigh
Job Segment: Engineer, Engineering
We’re looking for people who are ambitious, passionate, determined, high energy, and eager to grow with the company! We strive...Apply For This Job
Civil Engineering Professional 3-5 Years -Qualified Candidates must demonstrate proficient verbal and written communications skills, excellent computer skills, strong work...Apply For This Job
Siding Subcontractors Needed Are you and your crew looking for constant, high volume work year round? For a partner that...Apply For This Job
Michael Baker International is a leading provider of engineering, development, intelligence and technology solutions with global reach and mobility. The...Apply For This Job
Performs remedial system design and specifications for moderate and large scale projects. Manages construction and systems installation activities for more...Apply For This Job
The Dragados Engineering Development Program (EDP) is a three-year, full-time program for recent college graduates that emphasizes professional development, achieving...Apply For This Job