The MCTV Government Assistant is an integral member of the MCTV team. This person is responsible for assisting in all phases of Government Media coverage as assigned. The Government Assistant supports the mission of MCTV. Work hours will include nights and some weekends. The Government Assistant is a Part Time Hourly position and pays $18 per hour.
All MCTV staff are expected to represent MCTV professionally at all times and assist in promoting MCTV’s philosophy for access training and delivery through outreach and education. The Government Assistant shall assist in supervising MCTV interns This position reports directly to the Content Manager.
Tasks for which the Government Assistant is primarily responsible:
1. Produce coverage of Government meetings
2. Edit, quality check, encode and submit videos for playback on all MCTV distribution platforms
3. Collaborate with Programming and Government coordinator to coverage for Government meetings and other Government shows and events
4. Assist with staff produced content and post production
5. Prepare facilities for productions, and other events
Additional Job Responsibilities of the Government Assistant:
1. Assist and mentor MCTV interns
2. Assist staff in any other tasks deemed necessary
All MCTV Staff Members are expected to:
1. Provide thorough and reliable support to MCTV members and Marshfield community members
2. Provide and assist in staff produced programming
3. Assist with media duplication and distribution.
4. Assist in the development and provision of MCTV training
5. Create original programming spotlighting community events and initiatives
6. Ensure that all studio and field equipment remain cleaned, serviced and well maintained.
7. Assist and supervise MCTV interns
8. Support MCTV members in the production of their own original content and help to promote new programming for airing on MCTV
9. Assist MCTV staff and management with other miscellaneous tasks as they arise
· Prior experience in Community or Government Media is not necessary but a plus.
· Proficient understanding of studio and production equipment (ie: Broadcast Pix, Canon XF205, audio equipment)
· Proficient using a computer including use of video editing software and related programs (Knowledge of Apple productions, Google Apps, Adobe Suite, FCPX and Editshare is a plus)
· Excellent Communication skills, verbal and written
· Ability to work independently and also as part of a cooperative team
· Video Production and non-linear content creation skills
· Must have a Driver’s License and personal vehicle to complete some work tasks
· Ability to work flexible hours including nights
· Must be able to lift and move items up to 50 pounds
MCTV is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The successful candidate will be tendered a salary commensurate with his/her experience. Candidates will be CORI checked and must have a valid form of ID.
Applicants must include a cover letter, resume. Please mail to MCTV, 167 Forest St. Marshfield, MA. 02050 Attention to the Executive Director.
Deadline to Apply is March 14, 2022
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $18.00 per hour
Ability to commute/relocate:
Work Location: Multiple Locations