Manager, Medical Coding – Corporate IT at Orlando Health (Varies-Variable Full Time)
The Manager, Coding is responsible for oversight and monitoring coding of inpatient and outpatient encounters within Orlando Health. Has a clear understanding of the revenue cycle in its entirety, and is responsible overseeing the coding team, developing goals and objectives, and establishing policies and procedures for team operations, as well as ensuring proficiency, value and education related to professional coding guidelines.
– Bachelor’s degree required.
– Completion of medical coding certificate program.
– Computer literacy, knowledge of Anatomy, Physiology and Medical Terminology required.
– Thorough knowledge of official coding guidelines as per AMA, AHA, and CMS as evidenced by results of coding skills test of 90% or better.
– Proficient experience in Microsoft Word and Excel or similar computer software is required.
Must maintain one (1) of the following national certifications:
– Certified Professional Coder (CPC) through the American Academy of Professional Coders
– Certified Coding Specialist (CCS), Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA), Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT), Certified Tumor Registrar (CTR) through the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA)
– Certified Medical Transcriptionist (CMT) through the Association for Healthcare Documentation Integrity (AHDI)
– Five (5) years of medical coding experience within a healthcare facility setting.
– Working knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid, managed care and commercial insurance reimbursement policies.
– Knowledge of CPT, HCPCS and ICD-9 and ICD-10 coding, and other third party billing rules, reimbursement, and coverage guidelines. Demonstrated relationship-building skills in a managed healthcare environment.
– Ensures all coding and abstracting of health records meet established standards of accuracy, timeliness, quality, and productivity.
– Demonstrates proficiency in using payer and coding specific web sites to maintain up to date coding knowledge including new changes to coding compliance and reimbursement. Must be able to effectively integrate changes into Orlando Health through communication, charge router and coding/charge review edits.
– Demonstrate the ability to quickly identify incorrect coding and compliance trends; to analyze, investigate suspected problems to determine root cause and resolution.
– Responsible for productivity standards, performance evaluations, personnel issues and staff development, core competencies, coaching plans and daily coaching for staff.
– Prepare/distribute information summarizing opportunities with Revenue Management on a monthly basis.
– Determines whether services ordered and rendered to patients are accurately coded and billed, and supported by documentation in the clinical record through the auditing process.
– Maintains current knowledge of all billing, clinical, and all related systems for the production of billing and documentation policies and processes.
– Interacts with CDE, Health Information Management, Patient Accounting, Information Services (IS), and other departments as necessary for appropriate follow-up.
– Possess proficient knowledge in Microsoft Office Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint, and moderate to expert knowledge with Microsoft Excel due to high volumes of data management and organization.
– Exceptional understanding of Orlando Health’s EMR, PM, and charge management applications (Allscripts, GECB, GEMMS, Sunrise, Sovera, etc.).
About Orlando Health
Orlando Health is one of Florida’s most comprehensive private, not-for-profit healthcare systems providing access to nearly two million Central Florida residents and has provided care for more than 4,600 international visitors annually. Our physician practices, diagnostic centers, hospitals and advanced medical treatments and procedures, along with our highly qualified team of medical specialists, have distinguished Orlando Health as a healthcare leader. We are one of Central Florida’s largest employers with more than 15,000 employees and nearly 3,000 affiliated physicians supporting our philosophy of providing a continuum of care that revolves around patients’ needs. As a leading healthcare resource, providing world-class medical care as well as training our future healthcare providers, Orlando Health will continue to foster growth and development throughout the region for generations to come. We are looking for talented individuals to be part of our team
Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator
Registered Health Information Technician
Registered Health Information Administrator
Health Information Management
If you are located within 120 miles of Hooksett, NH; Shelton, CT or San Antonio, TX, you will have the...Apply For This Job
Description SHIFT: No Weekends SCHEDULE: Full-time Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your...Apply For This Job
Exciting leadership role that encompasses both administrative and clinical duties with a multispecialty physician group. This role presents the opportunity...Apply For This Job
JOB SUMMARY SHIFT: Evening 12:00pm – 8:30pm with alternating weekends LOCATION: BSW Medical Center College Station TX PREFERRED EXPERIENCE: Must...Apply For This Job
Company Description When our founder couldn’t find senior housing options for his grandmother that he felt were dignified, warm, and...Apply For This Job
Pharmacy Technician in-Training Contribute to our mission to improve Health and Wellness in your community. Become a Rite Aid Pharmacy...Apply For This Job