Job number: US09292
Position type Casual
Posting Date: Aug-17-2018
Spectrum Brands – Pet, Home & Garden, based in St. Louis, Missouri, is a leading supplier of well-recognized consumer products globally for the pet supply markets, and nationally for the home, lawn and garden insect and weed control markets. The company delivers innovative products of outstanding quality for the pet owners of dogs, cats, birds, small animals, fish and reptiles. The company also delivers groundbreaking products of exceptional value and top-notch quality, so consumers benefit from insect and weed control solutions. The Home & Garden brands Spectracide, Garden Safe, Hot Shot, Cutter, Repel, Black Flag and Liquid Fence and the Pet Brands Tetra, Instant Ocean, Marineland, 8-in-1, Dingo, FURminator, Nature’s Miracle, GloFish, DreamBone and SmartBones are well-recognized by consumers for delivering exceptional value and trusted results.
Following SOP’s and Supervisor direction, the Machine Operator will operate a variety of production machines including, but not limited to: dry filling machines, bottle cappers, check weighers, case sealing and bottle / case coders. Oversee production and assist in the safe manufacturing of home and garden products. Perform checks on line and finished product to assure specification compliance. Responsible for clearing unused materials and setting up new materials during changeovers. Maintain records of daily production and coordinate with Production Supervisor on staffing needs.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
– Work with associates in team effort to further company goals concerning productivity, safety, quality, and Continuous Improvement initiatives.
– Maintains high levels of quality through hourly inspections and sample measurements. Performs SPC data reporting and analysis and applies corrective action for all measurements found outside the specification limits.
– Set up, operate and check quality of production equipment by following and documenting procedures as required to support production schedules.
– Clean up all equipment and work areas, and properly store tools and equipment.
– Performing changeovers on production machines, cleaning equipment and moving product in or out of the production areas as needed.
– Interprets specifications and job orders to production workers and assigns duties.
– Observe and follow safety procedures using personal safety equipment as required.
– Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Profile
– Associate’s degree or certificate from two-year College or equivalent combination of education and experience.
– One to two years line leadership experience is preferred.
– Must be able to lift/move up to 50 lbs. frequently.
– Ability to perform changeover and make appropriate minor adjustments to machines.
– Ability to comprehend and follow the operating master.
Are you ready to accelerate your career with a best-in-class organization that values innovation, dedication, and growth? Our employees at...Apply For This Job
The Leading Manufacturing / Operations Company Enterprise Services ERP Organization is seeking a Senior Compliance Associate to join our ERP...Apply For This Job
Tucson, AZ Permanent Full-time RESPONSIBILITIES Kforce has a small to medium size client in search of a Senior Manufacturing Engineer...Apply For This Job
SunIRef:Event141 Job Description Summary Work under direct supervision to perform Supply Chain activities for assigned product portfolio to optimize inventory,...Apply For This Job
Do you enjoy sleeping in? Check out our afternoon shift at Humtown Products, Inc.! Need to go to a morning...Apply For This Job
GENERAL SUMMARY The Shift Manager – He/she has the primary responsibility for managing shifts; conveying the Cane’s culture to his/her...Apply For This Job