PURPOSE AND PERFORMANCE GOALS
Responds in a professional and courteous manner to arriving, departing and in-house guests by providing accurate and timely information and services. Checks guests in/out of the hotel, updates guests as required. Promotes hotel services, amenities and upsells products to the guests. Resolves guest challenges throughout their stay.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Greets and completes establishes check-in procedures for arriving guests on a daily basis, using computerized methods to ensure guest satisfaction in the rooms requested. Confirms number of guests in room, codes electronic keys and non-verbally confirms room number and room rate.
· Performs guest departure (check-out) on a daily basis by following computer procedures in order to close guest accounts and ensure accuracy on the folio. Correct any problems that might have been added to the folio to ensure the guest is satisfied at time of check-out.
· Regularly calculates and/or posts money, receipts, guest accounts and other forms of credit using proper and accurate cash handling methods in order to present the customer with timely and precise hotel changes upon check-out and maintain accurate hotel records.
· Answers inquiries and accepts reservations both in person and by telephone. Communicates hotel rates and information by using suggestive selling techniques to increase occupancy and room rates.
· Maintains good customer relations by answering questions and taking care of customer concerns in a timely and knowledgeable manner.
· Accepts incoming calls, assisting with in-house calls to connect to the correct department. Schedules wake up calls and setting trace requests to provide guests with efficient service.
· Controls cash transactions at the front desk and maintains complete responsibility for transactions during the shift.
· Maintains a friendly, engaging and courteous demeanor at all times.
· Performs the shift check list to ensure accuracy of all aspects of the shift.
· Process all mail, messages and faxes for guests and ensure the information is received in a timely manner.
· Maintains the front desk log book to enhance the department communication and communicates any guest issues to the following job shift supervisor/front desk agents.
· Maintains physical and electronic guest request log to ensure that all guest requests are fulfilled in a timely manner.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the company.
· Remains calm and alert at all times during an emergency and/or heavy hotel activity
· Summons Bell Persons to escort guests to/from their hotels rooms as appropriate
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
· Ability to effectively work with internal and external customers
· Ability to collect accurate information and resolve conflicts
· Ability to read, listen and communicate effectively in English, both verbal and written
· Ability to access and accurately input information into the hotel’s reservation system
Team members will be trained in the proper use and care of any assigned PPE. Team members are responsible to report defective, damaged or lost PPE, or equipment that does not fit properly.
Positions directly reporting to this position (titles):
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
High School graduate diploma or equivalent preferred. 4 year college degree preferred with emphasis on a foreign language. 1-2 years of prior guest service experience is preferred. Prior hospitality experience also preferred
Must be able to communicate clearly with guests, customers, supervisors, and fellow team members. Additional language ability is preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
CPR Certification and /or First Aid Training preferred.
Team Members must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance. Specific guidelines will be explained during the orientation process.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation. Must be able to push/pull/lift up to 20 pounds. Job frequently requires standing, walking, kneeling, crouching, bending, stooping
The hospitality industry functions 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, any team member may be required to work rotating shifts, overnight shifts, overtime and holidays. Also, depending on the season, hours may be reduced at any time.
Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with LondonHouse rules, regulations, expectations and standards. All team members who violate hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
I have read and understand all of the above. I have reviewed the duties for which I am responsible and can successfully perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation. I understand this job description may be modified in writing at any time. I understand that this document does not create an employment contract and that I am employed by 360 Management Company, L.L.C. on an “at-will” basis.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $20.00 per hour
Ability to commute/relocate:
Work Location: One location
Tagged as: USA
Drinks RunnerDune by Laurent Tourondel About us:Dune, led by Michelin-starred Chef Laurent Tourondel, offering captivating views of the Atlantic Ocean...Apply For This Job
Store Team Member – #336 – Overnight Location:Sheetz Stores #00336 – 105 MAYNARD ST WILLIAMSPORT, PA Starting Rate of Pay:...Apply For This Job
Responsibilities for Night Auditor Greet guests upon arrival, check them in and provide them with any information they need to...Apply For This Job
INTERVIEW TODAY, WORK TOMORROW!* Speedway is focused and dedicated to your success! We are committed to ensuring our employees receive...Apply For This Job
What makes us an employer of choice: 2020 Award of Excellence in Workplace Safety, Diversity & Inclusion and Compensation &...Apply For This Job
Westminster Communities of Florida, a nationally recognized not-for-profit church related senior living organization, is seeking a talented and enthusiastic Resident...Apply For This Job