Need a change?
In our Albuquerque, NM office we are looking for you, our next Electro Mechanical Optical Engineer to design and perform a variety of electro-mechanical-optical experiments for an applied R&D contract. You will get to work alongside a multi-disciplinary team, in collaboration with Government researchers doing fun experiments primarily in a laboratory with some field testing with mobile/transportable optical tracking systems.
Challenges you will get to accomplish:
– Perform requirements definition for testbeds and test equipment for a variety of electro/mechanical-optical experiments, based on provided test objectives.
– Design, procure parts for, build, align, and calibrate custom testbeds and test equipment.
– Design, procures parts for, build and test instrument control and data acquisition hardware.
– Modify and develop data acquisition tools using software such as LabVIEW.
– Modify and develop data reduction and analysis tools.
– Perform Field testing of equipment dealing with directed energy.
– Operation and modifications of platforms with accelerometers and linear displacement instrumentation.
– Work independently as well as with a team, learn new skills quickly, demonstrate excellent communication and problem-solving skills, be organized, detail-oriented, careful, flexible, and self-motivated with a can-do attitude.
– Good working knowledge of spatial tracking including but not limited to celestial objects.
This is you:
*Associate degree in Electronics, electro-optics, physics, electrical engineering, or equivalent related field with at least a minimum of 10 years of experience.
*Must have an active Secret security clearance.
*Experience with the following: operating mechanical-electro-optical equipment such as, sources, detectors, sensors, lasers, optical trackers and various characterization equipment; collecting, analyzing, interpreting data, writing test plans, documenting test results and generating reports; performing computer-based data acquisition and analysis.
*Experience with lasers, sources, optics, electro-optics, detectors, cameras, calibration equipment and diagnostic equipment is required.
*Good computer skills using MS Windows are required, with proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
*Must have strong electrical and mechanical skills, and also possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
*Must have experience in with linear and angular vibration characterization and vibrational platform data collection
You will wow us even more if you have these skills:
*Experience with programming data collection systems
*Bachelors degree in listed fields.
*Experience is desired in testbed design, build, alignment, and calibration; data acquisition development; and test planning, data collection and test reporting.
*Top Secret SCI clearance
10 to 20+ years
Software Engineer Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States Software and Services Summary Posted: Mar 23, 2021 Weekly...Apply For This Job
Business Group Highlights Defense The Defense group supports the Department of Defense (DoD) mission to keep our homeland and its...Apply For This Job
Position Summary… What you’ll do… At Walmart, we help people save money, so they can live better. This mission serves as...Apply For This Job
Purpose and Scope: To create, design, test and document pharmaceutical packaging control panels systems in accordance with product specifications and...Apply For This Job
Founded in 1967, Applied Technical Services has established a reputation with business, industry, and the legal profession for successfully uncovering...Apply For This Job
Company Description Microchip Technology Inc. is a leading provider of embedded control applications. Our product portfolio comprises general purpose and...Apply For This Job