Have a passion for helping seniors?
Whether you are starting your career, a seasoned HHA, or simply have the heart for helping others, Lake Port Square is for you. Our Home Health Aides – HHAs provide direct care to senior residents, assist in maintaining a safe environment, and provide a high level of care on a daily basis. Private duty/home care at our upscale retirement community is an ideal place to work. This position requires candidates to assist our residents with daily living activities. Must be able to communicate effectively, possess excellent customer service skills and have a passion to care for our residents. All shifts available, including full time and part time. This job requires a Level II background check and drug screening. Become part of our family, grow your skills, career, and have the satisfaction of helping make seniors’ lives brighter every day.
We offer Flexible schedules, ability to form relationships with the residents, independence, etc.
Essential Job Duties:
1. Providing personal care including:
B. Back rubs
C. Oral hygiene
E. Changing bed linen
F. Dressing and undressing clients
G. Skin care and prevention of skin breakdown
H. Toileting activities
I. Keeping the client’s living area clean and orderly, as appropriate
2. Preparing nutritious meals.
3. Assisting in feeding the client, if necessary.
4. Taking and recording temperatures, pulse, respiration and blood pressure when ordered (within the training limitations of the paraprofessional).
5. Assisting in ambulation and exercise.
6. Performing range of motion and other simple procedures as ordered (within the training limitations of the paraprofessional).
7. Assisting the client in the self-administration of medication.
8. Doing the client’s laundry, as appropriate.
9. Meeting the safety needs of clients and using equipment safely and properly
10. Reporting the client’s condition and significant changes to the assigned care coordinator or supervisor.
11. Adhering to documentation and care procedures and standards of personal and professional conduct.
The Agency fully embraces a culture of hospitality. To that end, we include the following hospitality promises as a guide for our interpersonal interactions with residents, co-workers, and guests:
1. We greet residents, employees and guests warmly, by name and with a smile.
2. We treat everyone with courteous respect.
3. We strive to anticipate resident, employee and guest needs and act accordingly.
4. We listen and respond enthusiastically in a timely manner.
5. We hold ourselves and one another accountable.
6. We embrace and value our differences.
7. We make residents, employees and guests feel important.
8. We ask “Is there anything else I can do for you?”
9. We maintain high levels of professionalism, both in conduct and appearance, at all times.
10. We pay attention to details.
The Agency employees are expected to promote a healthy Agency culture for all residents and employees. This is a whole-person approach to health and wellness which includes eight dimensions of wellness: Emotional, Environmental, Health Services, Intellectual, Physical, Social, Spiritual and Vocational. Through these efforts we can ensure and exceed residents’ wellness needs relating to their mind, body and soul, which may also have a positive effect on the employees, as a result.
1. Is a certified nurse aide, certified home health aide, basic personal services aide or has demonstrated competency as defined in agency policies.
2. Is at least 18 years of age.
3. Possesses and maintains good physical stamina and mental health. Presents a preemployment physician’s health clearance, including negative TB skin tests or CXR and other tests as required by specific state statute.
4. Has ability to read, follow written instructions, and document services provided.
5. Is self-directed with the ability to work with little direct supervision.
6. Has empathy for the needs of the ill, injured, frail and impaired.
7. Possess and maintains current CPR certification.
8. Is flexible and cooperative in fulfilling role obligation.
9. Demonstrates tact, patience and good personal hygiene.
10. Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state and organization requirements and is in good working order. OR Must maintain a safe and efficient method of transportation aimed at arriving to work as scheduled
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
Frequent standing, stooping, bending, stretching, squatting; may be exposed to blood and body fluids which may contain HIV and/or HBV; must be able to transport residents via wheelchair, gerichair or shower chair, pushing up to 150 lbs. unassisted. Must be able to transfer, lift, turn and position a resident weighing up to 125 lbs. unassisted, or with the assistance of one for a resident weighing over 125 lbs. Must be able to stoop, bend, stretch, squat, stand, and walk for up to 90% of the work day. May be subjected to offensive odors and combative behavior. Must be able to reach up to a level of six feet; must be able to push a dietary cart up to 40 lbs unassisted. Must be able to lift and carry up to 20 lbs. frequently, and 50 lbs. occasionally.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Company’s Facebook page:
Home Town Health Care LLC is currently hiring for a HHA/CNA in our Oswego office. Part time hours available (20-34...Apply For This Job
The Physical Therapist (PT, DPT, RPT) with Angels of Mercy Homecare, Columbus, IN is responsible for the assessment and evaluation...Apply For This Job
Summary of Job Responsibilities: The Bilingual Clinician will provide intensive, home-based intervention with families who have multiple challenges, as a...Apply For This Job
OVERVIEW: CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700...Apply For This Job
Do you love providing compassionate care to the pediatric population? At Children’s Home Healthcare, we specialize in pediatric home healthcare...Apply For This Job
Overview Healthcare Services Group (HCSG) typically services long term care and nursing facilities and is now hiring a Dietary Aide...Apply For This Job