IT Support Specialist (Part Time)
Essential Access Health (Essential Access) is seeking IT Support Specialist (Part Time). Learn more at
This position is located in Los Angeles, CA (will be remote during COVID-19 Safe at Home).
Essential Access Health is a 50 year old non-profit organization with a $30 million annual budget. The organization champions and promotes quality sexual and reproductive health care for all. As the administrator of California’s Title X (ten) federal family planning program – the largest Title X system in the nation – Essential Access receives federal family planning funds, which it allocates to multiple delegate agencies across the state that provide direct family planning and related preventive health services to mostly low-income and uninsured patients.
In addition, Essential Access is funded by numerous state, county, and private foundation grants; contracts with private companies for specific research projects; earns income by providing training to health care providers across the country; and manages a Voluntary Employee Benefits Association plan that manages and administers employee benefits for Essential Access’ 70 employees and other health care employees across the state.
Learn more at .
Specific Duties + Responsibilities
– Provides the first line of contact as a help desk operator for local/remote clients experiencing hardware/software communication problems.
– Evaluates, installs, and supports workstation hardware and software. This includes PC and compatibles, Apple, various printers, and storage peripherals.
– Assists with system backups and data recovery on all server equipment.
– Monitors system and user files, as well as user mailboxes ensuring that good housekeeping is practiced (old files are deleted, etc).
– Troubleshoots hardware and general software application problems and takes corrective action.
– Assists and trains staff as designated.
– Provides assistance in presentation equipment setup.
– Maintains the corporate IT inventory control.
– Provides technical support on Essential Access Health web-based applications.
– Maintains a Problem Log for technical reference.
– Provides support on all telecommunications systems.
– Assists the System Administrator + Engineer to ensure the efficient and systematic operation of the entire computer network.
– Assists in researching, recommending and negotiating best prices on hardware and software purchases.
– Assists in all other application installations, testing and maintenance.
– Provides basic maintenance support on all copiers at the headquarters and branch office locations.
– Assist System Administrator + Engineer with cyber security initiatives implementation.
– Carries out all responsibilities in an honest, ethical and professional manner.
– Additional duties, as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform this job.
– A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or a degree in a related area is preferred; Certifications considered.
– Some experience help desk technician, or other customer support role preferred.
– Active Directory and Exchange experience preferred.
– Tech Savvy with working knowledge of remote support.
– Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices, and other tech products.
– Ability to diagnose and resolve technical issues.
– Knowledge in Windows 7, Windows 10, Microsoft Office, and Window Servers.
– Excellent communication skills.
– Customer-oriented and cool-tempered.
– Proficient in English.
Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest and resume and salary requirements to:
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Essential Access offers a competitive salary + benefits. Essential Access is an M/F, Disabled, and Vet EEO/AA Employer.
Job summary Under the general direction of the Communication Support Team Lead, the Graphic Designer will primarily focus on the...Apply For This Job
Job Description At BAE Systems, we promote a strong, collaborative culture and provide our employees with the tools and skills...Apply For This Job
Career Area: Information Technology Job Description: The Reman IT Manager is responsible for managing a team of seven Caterpillar full-time...Apply For This Job
Full-time or part-time Graphic Designer specializing in Marketing. This role includes working directly with the Ops Manager to create, manage,...Apply For This Job
Daily Nuts and Fruits, Inc. is seeking a talented GRAPHIC DESIGNER to promote products mostly on e-Commerce and engage in...Apply For This Job
Description Introduction Are you passionate about the patient experience? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with...Apply For This Job