Mission – Why We Exist and Why We Need You
The Institutional Advisory Group (IAG) is a brokerage and advisory firm, which functions as an outsourced division of our clients’ acquisitions’ teams. IAG’s clients rely on us to source compelling off-market, real estate investment opportunities which fit their investment criteria.
IAG is a brokerage/advisory firm, which functions as an outsourced division of our clients’ acquisitions’ teams. Our clients rely on us to source compelling off-market real estate investment opportunities.
IAG is always looking for new ways to grow and works hard to create an environment where we are constantly improving. We are seeking a Research Director who is energized about analyzing and enacting changes for the betterment of the company and our clients. The Research Director reports to the company’s Director of Operations and is charged with supervising, training and improving our research team while playing an active role in the process. This is a full-time remote position, which we are looking to begin as soon as possible. The company works on US Eastern Standard Time (EST) hours, but the research team is nation-wide so a flexible schedule is required.
If you are looking to be analytical, challenged and can create changes that directly impact the company’s success, then this is the right role for you.
Your Performance Objectives – What You Will Accomplish
Within your first 3 months:
· Critically review our research process
· Identify the “low hanging fruit” that can improve our process quickly.
· Rank our researchers from best to needs the most improvement. Determine what makes them successful and develop a plan to improve the bottom half. What KPI’s should we be using to track performance?
· Learn research goals and objectives to create a staffing model for the number of team members needed to meet research goals for the sales team.
· Is there automation and technology we should be using that would improve the research process overall?
· What are our results for success currently and how can they be improved?
· Working with the VP of Sales to learn what the sales team needs to be successful and how you can work with the researchers to improve their sales processes.
· What metrics for success within our process/business are effective and which are extraneous? Determining if there are other metrics we should/could be using.
· Create on-going training with metrics for success, which are easy to replicate and consistently followed.
· Evaluate your department and identify which tasks should remain with this role and which should be delegated to others. Is there any additional software/support needed in this role for it to be most effective?
· Are certain asset types better to research with certain databases? Are there other databases we should be using to be more successful?
Within your first 6 months:
· Analyze our success in each property type the company works within. Are some more difficult to achieve success in than other? Create processes for the lower performing ones, so they can be improved.
· Create an internal database of target contacts/companies
· Use the KPIs developed in the first three months and begin tracking success between asset types, client accounts, databases, etc.
· Identify and to start eliminating the bottlenecks in the research process
· Have a concrete plan for data management and lead distribution
Within your first 12 months:
· Have a team of researchers who you are confident in their ability to succeed and have an established and monitored process for the research department. You should be able to predict and give timelines for different client research and can meet deadlines for the sales team.
· Implement new procedures and technology which contribute to the researchers’ success on a regular basis
· Start investing how we can be utilizing technology and other sales tactics to improve contact rates.
· Utilize the KPIs implemented and success metrics to improve the research process by 10% between months 6 and 12
What We are Looking For
Research Skills: More than 3 years of experience of research analysis and data management in commercial real estate with remote experience preferred.
Creativity: We are a small but growing company that has little competition in our niche, sourcing off-market opportunities across the country. Our executives need to be independent minded, out of the box thinkers who are not afraid to question standard practices or challenges senior management.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $55,000.00 – $65,000.00 per year
Work Location: Remote