SUMMARY: The Microbiology Lab technician is responsible for preparing daily media to assist Microbiologists.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Maintain logs and QC records for laboratory equipment in accordance with company and regulatory requirements.
2. Asepticly prepares culture media and performs sterility/growth promotion testing on media as per SOPs.
3. Logging daily media prep in designated logbooks.
4. Operation, maintenance and sanitization of media dispensing machine.
5. Labeling of Media agars and broths to distinguish lots used for Daily Testing.
6. Glassware Washing and General Housekeeping and Disinfection of Lab Area.
7. Daily Agar Melt to assist Microbiologist.
8. Maintain laboratory inventory.
9. Monitor/perform internal verification of pH meter, analytical balance, incubators, thermometers, autoclave, refrigerators, Biological Safety Cabinet, etc.
10. Monitor and log equipment temperature.
11. Operation and cleaning of Autoclave.
12. Daily upkeep of the lab sanitization.
13. Daily Biohazard Packaging and Disposal.
14. Daily Glassware washing of around 150-200 jars and autoclaving jars for sterility.
15. Organizing supplies in the lab to assist Microbiologist.
16. Keeps current with FDA, ISO, EU and cGMP standards and industry trends.
17. Documentation of lab testing.
18. Weekend hours to support manufacturing. Schedule: Sat-Wed
19. Performs other duties as needed.
20. Adheres to all Safety/Health regulatory and State/federal legal requirements and company’s SOPs.
21. Trains interns on all the above.
· Must have at least 1 year of experience in media preparation and quality control.
· Associates degree in laboratory or science related a plus.
· Excellent aseptic technique.
· Must have experience in a cGMP laboratory or manufacturing environment.
· Understands the importance of GMP, Quality Control and FIFO.
· Must be able to interpret problems and effectively prepare surrounding communication in a productive manner to management with clarity and accuracy.
· Must be organized and skilled in time management.
· Problem solving and trouble-shooting skills to work with colleagues to identify and execute appropriate experimental design to generate accurate data.
· Strong team player, with collaborative and helpful mindset.
· Ability to work independently with minimal supervision to execute detailed tasks, operations, procedures and experiments while maintaining a safe, effective microbiology laboratory.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $25.00 – $30.00 per hour
Ability to commute/relocate:
Work Location: One location