We believe real value is powered by the unique skills and experiences of our professionals. The interchange of ideas from a diverse group of people gives our teams an expanded perspective and the ability to find better solutions for our clients.
Company : Black & Veatch Corporation
Req Id : 11241
Job Title : Heavy Equip & Diesel Tech
Location : RGGARNER
Business Unit Sector : COR-CORP-CEFS
Opportunity Type : Staff
Relocation eligible : No
Full time/Part time : Full-Time
Project Only Hire : No
Assure that all construction equipment works efficiently and safely. Diagnose, adjust, repair, or overhaul mobile mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic equipment, such as cranes, bulldozers, forklifts, graders, and conveyors, used in construction.
– Use appropriate hand (i.e. screwdriver, drill) and power tools (i.e. air drill, impact wrench) to repair, replace or perform maintenance on equipment
– Receive equipment, document the condition, schedule maintenance, and keep equipment service records
– Operate and inspect machines or heavy equipment to diagnose defects
– Clean, lubricate, and perform other routine maintenance work on equipment and vehicles, and assure the efficient, clean and safe fueling and oiling of equipment
– Diagnose faults or malfunctions to determine required repairs, using engine diagnostic equipment such as computerized test equipment and calibration devices. Examine parts for damage or excessive wear, using micrometers and gauges. Adjust and maintain industrial machinery, using control and regulating devices
– Repair and replace damaged or worn parts, and fabricate needed parts or items from sheet metal
– Clean parts by spraying them with grease solvent or immersing them in tanks of solvent
– Weld or solder broken parts and structural members, using electric or gas welders and soldering tools
– Repair, rewire, and troubleshoot electrical systems
– Research, order, and maintain parts inventory for services and repairs
– Test mechanical products and equipment after repair or assembly to ensure proper performance and compliance with manufacturers’ specifications
– Read and understand operating manuals, blueprints, and technical drawings
– Fit bearings to adjust, repair, or overhaul mobile mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic equipment
– As needed, assist equipment operators in completing daily equipment inspections prior to each use; assure safety policies concerning equipment operation
– Assure that equipment leaving the job or warehouse is Jobready for the next assignment
– Participate in all safety related processes and programs as requested. Engage with your work team to ensure we achieve zero injuries. Understand that no job is so important that your safety and that of your crew will be compromised. Watch for hazards and report any concerns to your supervisor or safety professional
– Understand, support, and follow lockout tag out procedures. Attend site specific training and assure you follow all procedures as out lined in training
– Provide onthejob training and/or mentoring to associates and laborers you are working with
– Read and understand schematics and specifications. Visualize two dimensional drawings in three dimensions
– With regard to that portion of the work assigned, develop complete understanding of specifications and plan, layout, diagram, and install equipment
– Observe functioning of installed equipment or systems to determine hazards and need for adjustments, relocation, or replacement. Notify supervision of any hazards observed and utilize safety stop work authority as needed
Position will require the possession of or obtaining a Class A CDL (within 6 months of hire).
Proficient Attention to Detail
Proficient Communication – Written and Oral
Strong Data Entry
Proficient Organizing Data
Proficient Problem Solving
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
High School graduate with some college preferred. At least 5 years of Mechanic experience that is considered an A level Technician with a strong working knowledge of mechanics. A combination of school and work experience is acceptable. Must have working knowledge of industrial construction equipment, machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance. Unristristriced drivers license and clean MVR. In addition, must have all necessary tools. Must be at least 18 years of age.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
– Travel may be required.
– Typically, a mixture of office, warehouse, laydown yard, and construction project site environment.
– Requires working in cramped work spaces and getting into awkward positions.
– Requires working in very hot (above 90 F degrees) or very cold (below 32F degrees) temperatures and exposure to inclement weather such as dust, wind, snow, rain, etc.
– Requires working in extremely bright or low lighting conditions
– Includes exposure to sounds and noise levels that are distracting or uncomfortable.
– Work around hazardous equipment.
– Requires exposure to high places.
– Lift and carry heavy items weighing up to 50 pounds.
– Stand, Kneel, Bend, Stoop, move in and around confined and cluttered places, and uneven areas, see and hear naturally or with correction.
– Full range of motion and flexibility consistent with requirements of the job duties.
– Requires using hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools or controls according to a set procedure.
– Requires repetitive movement.
– Climb and maintain balance on steel framework, stairs, ladders and scaffolds.
– Work up to a 12-hour shift, doing hard physical labor in varying temperature extremes and other outside conditions.
GEN: General Services
Black & Veatch endeavors to make accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process because of a disability, please contact the Employee Relations Department at . This contact information is for disability accommodation requests only; you may not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications. General inquiries about the status of applications will not be returned.
By valuing diverse voices and perspectives, we cultivate an authentically inclusive environment for professionals and are able to provide innovative and effective solutions for clients.
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please click here. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please click here and here.
Nearest Major Market: Raleigh
Job Segment: Hydraulics, Electrical, Engineering
Summary In order to hire and maintain a quality workforce that reflects the diversity of the community and works well...Apply For This Job
Force Construction Company, Inc. is seeking a qualified individual for the position of *Project Estimator – Civil Construction *in the...Apply For This Job
Hungry Panda Virtual Hiring Event Event DetailsDate: Wednesday, June 2, 2021, Thursday, June 3, 2021 What We’re Hiring For Senior...Apply For This Job
Requisition/Vacancy No. 235809BR Job Category Engineering – Environmental Job Summary Performs specific and limited portions of a broader assignment of...Apply For This Job
What’s Your Story? Everyone has a story. No two teammates are alike. At McLane, we understand that what you do...Apply For This Job
Qualitative Project Coordinator: Location: Remote (US-Based) About Phoenix Marketing International: At Phoenix, you will experience an entrepreneurial culture and collaborate...Apply For This Job