We have an immediate opening for an Engineering Manager in Arcadia, LA. The purpose of the role is to lead technical and engineering talent in developing manufacturing processes and routings of Haynes melted alloy and titanium tubular and bar products. To direct analysis of manufacturing process performance to standard and recommend, and implement process improvements. Support maintenance to ensure facilities and equipment is operating at specified performance levels. To research, design, develop, and implement facility and equipment improvements to drive improved safety, quality, and productivity. To use lean manufacturing principles that are focused on customer service and building strong internal and external relationships following Haynes protocols both ethically and professionally; To exhibit strong leadership by setting department vision to implement “best practices” in process development and repair, improve company profits, and support operational needs; To communicate team activities to the management team. To develop and report key process indicators related to overall equipment effectiveness, project management, process compliance, project schedule compliance, and others as necessary to measure department effectiveness on business success. To train and supervise staff and hold team accountable for departmental performance. Execute all commitments in such a manner as to contribute to the Company business plan and sustained success.
Role Qualifications: (Required) & (Preferred)
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or applied sciences (R) ; Lean Manufacturing Principles Training (P)
Experience: Minimum 5 Years Job Experience in metal processing (R); 5 Years of experience in Management Position (R) Formal Training or 2 to 4 Years Job Experience in Project Management (R) Formal Training or 2 to 4 Years Job Experience in Microsoft Office Suite (e.g. Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, etc.) (R) 2 to 4 years Job Experience in Multitask Work Environment (R) Formal Training or 2 to 4 Years Job Experience in Management Process Development (R)
Areas of Knowledge: Nickel and titanium alloy metallurgy (P), alloy specifications for tubulars and tubular processes (P); Lean Principles and Lean Tools (P) Relevant ISO 9000 Standards (R) Technical writing and analysis (R) Training and or knowledge of Microsoft AX Applications (P) Health & Safety (R)
Skills: Computer Literacy and Navigation, Project Management, Process Development, Professionalism, Communication and Supervisory (All Required)
Global Accountabilities for the Role:
1. Safety/Environmental: Establish and maintain a safe work environment and work habits; maintain current training in Basic First Aid/CPR; perform daily dept. safety meetings. Give full support to the function, interactions of the managements systems subscribed to by the facility (i.e. AS 9100, IOS 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 45001).
2. Quality: Complete all areas of accountability with professionalism and accuracy in prescribed time frames.
3. Productivity: Analyze and streamline areas of accountability and provide the necessary leadership for a fully utilized staff.
4. Cost/Stewardship: Work efficiently as possible, conserving supplies and other Company provisions where ever possible. Review and evaluate production variances and implement corrective action to control production costs in areas of responsibility.
Specific Accountabilities for the Role:
1. Safety/Environmental: Ensure processes, procedures, and equipment comply with safety and environmental requirements and follow best practices.
2. Processes: Develop processes, routings, and standard operating procedures to cost effectively produce Haynes melted alloy and titanium products, ensuring Company and customer commitments are met.
3. Analysis: Monitor, analyze, and report manufacturing process performance to standard (recoveries) and make process changes to improve performance.
4. Security: Implement security procedures in cooperation with Haynes International protocols and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance requirements for the Arcadia Tubular Facility.
5. Training: Train staff on processes developed. Coach engineering teams on department goals and hold teams accountable for proper execution of the plan.
6. Communication: Develop communications tools to proactively communicate engineering activities with Senior Management regarding project status, facility and equipment plant improvement initiatives, monitor equipment performance to specification, ensure overall equipment effectiveness, and other details as needed.
7. Supervisory: Perform Supervisor duties in a manner consistent with Company culture as to earn Leadership trust and respect of direct reports.
8. Maintenance: Support maintenance management, monitor and report on equipment performance; provide preventive maintenance ideas to ensure health of equipment; evaluate capital projects and submit recommendations that enhance process goals set forth by ATF Senior Management.
9. Spending Management: Provide support to department heads in spending management by assuring the reasonableness and accuracy of account charges for supplies and services; and providing spending/purchasing reports as needed for capital projects.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $85,000.00 – $100,000.00 per year
Ability to commute/relocate:
Work Location: One location
Minimum qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering, computer science, or equivalent practical experience Experience with Hardware quality or...Apply For This Job
VeriSilicon is seeking an ASIC designer who is experienced with HW design flow and has a passion for digital IC...Apply For This Job
Materials Scientist / Engineer Student Researcher Because this position requires a security clearance, US Citizenship is mandatory. We are looking...Apply For This Job
Stetson Engineers Inc. is recruiting for an Associate Civil Engineer for full-time employment in its northern California office located in...Apply For This Job
SV Microwave has an exciting opportunity for a driven, hardworking entry-level Mechanical Engineer. This is a great opportunity for an...Apply For This Job
Peraton Overview Peraton drives missions of consequence spanning the globe and extending to the farthest reaches of the galaxy. As...Apply For This Job