I. Job Summary:
The Global Logistics Specialist will be responsible to support the global transportation for Harry Winston. The position is responsible for planning the timely, economic and safe transport of all shipments while complying with government laws and regulations, (Including, Customs and Border Protections (CBP), The Export Administration Regulations (EAR), Bureau of Industry and Securities (BIS), Census Bureau, Chamber of Commerce, Corporation for International Business (ATA Carnet), Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC), Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species (CITES), Migratory Bird Treaty Act, Endangered Species Act (ESA), Wild Bird Conservation Act and The Code of Federal Regulations (CRF 19). The successful candidate must ensure World Customs compliance and provide guidance and information to the sales and retail operations personnel on inquiries regarding worldwide shipping options, Duty & VAT rates, and transit times.
II. Key Duties Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
· Accountable for determining the most efficient and cost effective methods of shipping without compromising quality.
· Dispatch and oversee the logistics of ocean/truck/air deliveries of non-valuable merchandise in the most cost efficient and safe manner.
· Supervise the administrative process, schedule, and shipment of valuable and non-valuable for international and domestic transportation.
· Interface with international and domestic retail partners, foreign subsidiaries, distributors, vendors, brokers and carriers to ensure compliance with all applicable import / export regulations.
· Comply with the “packing and handling” guidelines for all valuable shipments and constantly be aware of product safety and security.
· Ensure that all departments within the organization are in compliance with internal shipping and world customs regulations.
· Assist all Harry Winston personnel on logistics and customs related inquiries. This includes but it’s not limited to, transit times, Duties and VAT, selection of transportation routes, while being compliant with all customs regulations and requirements.
· Knowledge on the requirements of Fish and Wildlife, TIBs, NAFTA and Carnets is required.
· Participate in continual improvement processes related to HW Compliance Program and manage recordkeeping of internal documentation and procedures.
· Packing and handling of jewelry and gemstones, inner packing and master packing of boxes is part of the shipping function.
· Track and follow up on all incoming and outgoing domestic and international shipments to ensure timely deliveries at destination.
· Monitor and balance inventory of all shipping supplies while staying in close communication with the logistics and facilities team.
III. Key Job Relationships:
· Continuous communication and provide logistics support to internal Harry Winston departments, mainly, Merchandise Planning, Retail Salon Operations, the Watch Operations department both in New York and Geneva, Finance, Gemstone Acquisition, Client Services, Retail Quality Assurance and Supply Management.
· Constant collaboration with carriers, customs, Fish & Wildlife, logistics partners and government agencies.
IV. Job Qualifications:
· Knowledge and astute understanding of global logistics and customs; acquire accurate and reliable information related to duty & VAT rates, country specific customs restrictions, shipping options, etc.
· Experienced with U.S. Customs and Fish & Wildlife regulations and managing relationship with brokers and carriers.
· Strong working knowledge of US Customs laws, Incoterms, Harmonized Tariff Classification, US Customs Regulations, understanding of the GRI’s, Section and Chapter Notes and explanatory notes, and CROSS rulings.
· Strong documentation skills and keen attention to detail.
· Proven analytical and creative problem-solving abilities.
· Ability to prioritize tasks and projects in a high pressure environment.
· Excellent listening, written and oral communication skills;
· Experience working in a team-oriented and collaborative environment; Strong service orientation, highly self-motivated and energetic; and Dependable, takes initiative and responsibility for own actions.
Degrees and Experience:
· Minimum of 3 years related work experience.
· Experience in luxury jewelry and timepieces, retail or consumer goods supply chain is a plus.
· College or University degree in the field of logistics, operations management, and/or business administration.
· Proficiency in written and spoken English is a must.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $55,000.00 – $65,000.00 per year
Work Location: One location
Tagged as: USA
Pay starts at $26.09 Home Daily $5,000 in bonuses available Logistics done differently. Ranked as the #1 North American logistics...Apply For This Job
ROAD DRIVERS Independence, KY $0.6948/mile Begin your career with the FedEx Team as a Tractor Trailer Driver and be a...Apply For This Job
Req ID: 171938 BASIC PURPOSE: The primary function of the Supply Coordinator is to procure the most cost efficient and...Apply For This Job
Phillips 66 & YOU- Together we can fuel the futurePhillips 66 has more than 140 years of experience in providing...Apply For This Job
About Martin Brower Martin Brower is dedicated to being the leading Supply Chain Solutions provider for restaurant chains around the...Apply For This Job
Order Management Specialist What you’ll do: You’ll be responsible for delivering exceptional service to our clients and their employees regarding...Apply For This Job