Greystone of Virginia
Greystone is a global leader in the production of high volume precision machined and plated components for the automotive, aerospace, defense and industrial markets. Specializing in safety critical machining, hard chrome plating, and anodizing, we take pride in developing innovative engineering solutions to difficult problems.
Nature of Work: Process Engineer
Performs engineering work developing and implementing new processes as well as analyzing and continually improving processes to achieve quality and cost objectives in a high volume manufacturing environment.
Essential Job Functions
· Analyzes and troubleshoots process challenges in collaboration with operations personnel, technical staff, and the organization senior leadership team.
· Consults with customers regarding new applications, existing product improvements, and product issues.
· Designs prototypes and production tooling.
· Collaborates with operations and technical staff to implement new/developing processes.
· Supports and maintains manufacturing operations including developing process documentation and assists in training operators for new processes.
· Develops and maintains complex s and other documentation as assigned including Automotive Sector Core Tools Documentation (FMEA, Control Plans, MSA, APQP).
· May supervise staff including goal setting, task assignment, and performance management.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
Job Preparation Needed
· Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering, preferably Mechanical, Industrial or Chemical Engineering. Prefer some experience in a high volume manufacturing environment involved with metal finishing.
· Knowledge of electrochemistry, electric/electronic circuitry, and related materials; materials processing (including machining); assembly processes; metrology systems (mechanical, non-contact, and contact systems); micrometer and gage calibration; and, quality management principles/processes.
· Ability to manage projects; analyze and resolve issues using statistical tools; work with minimal supervision; and, the flexibility to quickly address new directions/concerns.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills, fluency in foreign languages a plus; and, must effectively work as part of a team.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Computer Aided Design software.
Employees at all levels are expected to work effectively, ethically, and safely with each other and customers to exceed customer expectations and encourage business development.
Job Location and Conditions
· Duties are performed within a manufacturing operation and in an office setting; operates computer keyboard and mouse and other standard office equipment.
· Duties may involve working in a high volume manufacturing environment, working with chemicals, and working with both manual and automated equipment.
· Performs work safely in accordance with department safety procedures. Operates equipment safely and s any unsafe work condition or practice to supervisor.
· May be required to travel to support Greystone regional and international set of customers and affiliated operations.
General Aptitudes and Physical Abilities
Greystone is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Americans with Disabilities Act requires that we identify the general aptitudes and physical requirements needed to perform the job listed above. Incumbents must be able to perform all essential job functions unaided or with reasonable accommodation. Prospective and current employees are invited to discuss accommodations.
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: One location