This position is responsible for interpreting the recipe formulas, mixing the ingredients, and operating the equipment in the cheese-making process. Entry level encouraged to apply.
– Heavy lifting up to 50 lbs. on a continual basis.
– Frequent climbing up ladders on processors.
– Frequent bending and kneeling.
– Twisting of hands and wrists (clamps)
– Exposure to strong cleaning chemicals and wet environment.
– Standing for long periods of time on cement.
– Exposure to a noisy environment.
– Exposure to ingredient dust (powders)
Reports to the General Manager and coordinates with: Managers, Supervisors, Material Handlers, Q.A. Technicians.
1. Make Cream Cheese (Direct Set, Cultured etc.), Mascarpone, Low-Fat Cream Cheese, Tofutti, Yogurt, Greek and other cheeses while adhering to Standard Operating Procedures, HACCP Guidelines and Good Manufacturing Procedures.
2. Determine powders and other ingredients necessary to make cheese using a formula provided on computer. Retrieve, measure, and return ingredients as needed.
3. Verify receipt, butterfat % and weight of cream, milk, and/or cream cheese mix.
4. Perform Babcock Test and T.A.(titratable acidity) test.
5. Must train new hires in all aspects of cheesemaking.
6. Blend, Pasteurize, Homogenize, Acidify, pH and pack all Cream Cheese products.
7. Maintain all Homogenizer seals and oil levels at all times.
8. Complete all manual and computerized production records including recording ingredients used, lot numbers, batches produced, etc.
9. Assist with maintaining inventory of ingredients and packaging for co-pack products by alerting Cream Supervisor and Purchasing when levels are getting low.
10. Organize and clean work area on a continual basis following any clean up schedules provided.
11. Assist General Manager with new product development, as requested.
12. Dump Dawn.
13. Change homogenizer seals and perform preventative maintenance on positive pumps and all other related equipment.
14. Assist the Rabbi on kosherization
15. Must be proficient at handling multiple tasks on a consistent basis.
16. Train new hires in all aspects of cheese making.
17. Must be proficient at all Cream Cheese General Laborer duties.
18. Follow and assist with the updating of Standard Operating Procedures, HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point) Guidelines, GMPs (Good Manufacturing Practices), safety policies, and all other company policies.
19. Assist team in improving quality and efficiency through continual development of operational techniques that minimize product waste and maximizes product quality.
20. Work together to build a strong team environment.
21. Perform other responsibilities as necessary to contribute to the company goal of providing our customers with cost-effective, super-premium products and outstanding customer service.
Consistent COP and CIP of related equipment
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $19.00 – $26.00 per hour
Work Location: One location
VDart, Inc. Dunedin, FL Contract Full-time VDart ndash We are a Global Information Technology Services Workforce Solutions firm headquartered out...Apply For This Job
$20.68 per hour Click Here to watch our Realistic Job Preview Video Position operates one or multiple pieces of manufacturing...Apply For This Job
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diversebackgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and...Apply For This Job
The Quality Engineering Manager coordinates and directs the quality assurance strategies for all Farris facilities; ensures compliance to and attainment...Apply For This Job
Description: Several years ago our Company founders embarked on a mission to make yogurt everyone could love. Almost ten years...Apply For This Job
Century Cabinetry, a leading cabinetry manufacturer, has an immediate opening for a Carpentry Service Technician. You will need to have...Apply For This Job