The Human Resource Generalist is responsible for supporting the overall efforts to effectively administer HR policies and procedures in the company. The position bridges the gap between strategic and tactical HR functions, initiatives, and processes. This pivotal role uses judgment and discretion to provide problem solving advice and counsel to management and staff on various HR functions and activities.
· Supports the Talent Management Strategy to achieve the organization’s vision, mission, and goals, and to create value to its stakeholders.
· Regularly engage in direct communication with company leadership on key human resources matters.
· Coordinates recruitment efforts to ensure that the organization is effectively and efficiently sourcing and selecting the right candidates.
· Maintain a positive and visible HR presence in the company for employees at all levels.
· Identify ways to increase staff retention and productivity, including strategies to enhance employee engagement, leadership and staff development, regular feedback and coaching, career pathing, and promoting a coherent organizational culture that positions Fayman and ESRO food groups as an “employer of choice.”
· Supports a comprehensive Performance Management program that ensures fairness, consistency and the timeliness on all progressive discipline steps and terminations.
· Collaborates with and provides daily advice to leadership on employee discipline, performance management, retention, engagement, rewards, and recognition.
· Maintains in depth technical knowledge of HR best practices, federal/state/local regulations and statutes, and company HR policies and procedures.
· Ensure that employee files and records are properly and securely maintained.
· Conducts confidential HR counseling, investigations and exit interviews.
· Develops and delivers new hire orientation, required policy training and corporate developed trainings.
· Design and implement a strategy to optimize and integrate HR technology, enabling managers and employees to easily perform people-related transactions (e.g., benefits enrollment), facilitates delivery of effective HR services, securely stores employee data, and supports people-related decisions.
· Perform other related duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Knowledge of employment law and regulations including FMLA, ADA, FLSA, EEO/AAP, Workers Compensation, unemployment and labor relations and COBRA administration.
· Ability to maintain confidential employee, client, and organization information.
· Ability to effectively build relationships by establishing trust, credibility and adding value quickly.
· Comfortable with ambiguity and constant change, able to methodically work through complex problems, set priorities and execute on commitments while demonstrating a can-do attitude.
· Dependable, highly motivated self-starter.
· Detail oriented, highly organized, and able to handle a variety of tasks and responsibilities in a timely and efficient manner with a high level of quality and accuracy.
· Effective communication skills, both oral and written.
· Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions, meet deadlines, and work independently and as part of a team.
· Ability to build effective professional working relationships internally and externally.
· Ability to solve daily problems by analyzing situations, determining appropriate next steps, and implementing.
· Conflict management skills.
· Recognize strengths and weaknesses in staff and take corrective actions as necessary.
· Time and priority management skills.
· Commitment to recruit, mentor, train and retain a diverse and effective team.
· General knowledge of standard office practices and office equipment
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, preferred.
· Three (3) years of hands-on HR experience required, or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
· None. Reports to the Director of HR.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $42,774.76 – $79,285.47 per year
Work Location: One location
Overview We are a fast-paced, highly energetic IT Consulting company located in the area of Monmouth Junction, NJ. We’re seeking...Apply For This Job
SALARYCommensurate with Experience Riddle’s Group Inc. has an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Human Resources Specialist. In...Apply For This Job
Career CategoryHuman Resources Job Description For nearly four decades,Amgenhas been at the forefront of providing novel therapies that have changed...Apply For This Job
Our organization is seeking a Human Resources Manager with a strong background in business and industry to manage the HR...Apply For This Job
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count? Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG),...Apply For This Job
THE POSITION The DMVA is seeking a Human Resources Assistant to provide administrative support to the HR Department, and to...Apply For This Job