Cooper University Health Care Hiring for DIR IT APPLICATIONS Job at Camden, NJ Full Time
Cooper University Health Care
At Cooper University Health Care, our commitment to providing extraordinary health care begins with our team. Our extraordinary professionals are continuously discovering clinical innovations and enhanced access to the most up-to-date facilities, equipment, technologies and research protocols. We have a commitment to its employees by providing competitive rates and compensation, a comprehensive employee benefits programs, attractive working conditions, and the chance to build and explore a career opportunity by offering professional development.
Discover why Cooper University Health Care is the employer of choice in South Jersey.
1. Providing overall leadership and direction to the application staff of the IT department.
2. Provides strategic direction as it relates to the application aspects of IT 3. Plan, coordinate, and supervise all activities related to the design, development, and implementation of organizational information systems and software applications.
4. Responsible for maintaining, supporting, and upgrading existing systems and applications.
5. Ability to apply proven communication skills, problem-solving skills, and knowledge of best practices to guide his/her development team on issues related to the design, development, and deployment of mission-critical information and software systems.
6. Manage the development and deployment of new applications, systems software, and/or enhancements to existing applications throughout the enterprise
7. Research and make recommendations on software products and services in support of procurement and development efforts. 8. Coordinate feasibility studies for software and system products under consideration for purchase, and give advice based on findings. 9. Ensure that any new software integration into company systems meets functional requirements, system compliance, and interface specifications. 10. Collaborate with analysts, designers, and system owners in the testing of new software programs and applications. 11. Responsible for identifying Operational and Capital Budget requirements for the Application group 12. Responsible for business strategy and planning to ensure the IT Applications Group has the appropriate resources, budget and tools to provide the highest level of customer service. 13. Regularly interacts with functional groups within the IT organization to communicate and clarify customer requirements.
14. Performs as liaison between enterprise and end-users, outside vendors, contractors and consultants to define and establish service and support requirements. Investigates and resolves customer relationship problems.
15. Coordinates with the appropriate departments to insure the timely delivery of solutions to the end user department 16. Supervises the IT staff responsible for the deployment and maintenance of applications 17. Maintains a highly competent staff to meet the objectives and strategies of the business 18. Plans and directs the hiring , training and development, and/or dismissal of personnel, appraises subordinates and administers promotions and salary reviews. 19. Oversees the development of training programs for management and end users
i. Participates in the development of long-range plans and is responsible for the attainment of a high return on investment (ROI) on these systems. ii. Assists in the development, acquisition, and implementation of application software.
20. Assessing requirements and providing intelligence to the IT organization regarding business trends and management needs and concerns, while at the same time educating, sensitizing, and managing the expectations of the business units with regard to the realities, challenges, and fundamentals of IT. 21. Serve in an ongoing partnership with customers, maintaining in-depth knowledge of business operations, strategies, information requirements, and priorities 22. Proactively seeks opportunities to apply technologies to business processes.
23. Inform and advise business unit customers on information system technologies’ functionally, costs, benefits, and implementation requirements 24. The Director, either personally or through the supervised efforts of his/her staff drives initial customer needs analyses, ensures customer requests are compatible with the IT group’s technical direction, helps to prioritize needs enterprise wide, and participates with customers and other IT groups in the development of annual and long-term system plans. 25. Ensures 7×24 on call support for the application infrastructure and customer support. 26. Provides an escalation point when customer issues might be related to the operational environment. 27. Works with the Director of Technical Operations to maintain an optimal applications operating environment,
28. Ensuring that the application staff is current and trained on the latest upgrades and/or new releases of installed products, and new releases of third party software required for the smooth operations of the application environment. 29. Establishing standard processes for diagnosing issues, tracking status and escalating issues within and outside the group.
30. Establishing product and process improvement plans to reduce support effort and increase product availability and scalability.
31. Working with other Directors and Managers in the organization to ensure internal and customer support needs are addressed as efficiently and effectively as possible. 32. Establishing operational objectives, strategies and work plans to improve current operations as well as planning for future products and customer requirements, delegating assignments to subordinates
33. Establishing and assuring adherence to budgets, schedules, work plans and performance requirements 34. Regularly interacting with senior management or executive levels on matters concerning several functional areas, divisions, and/or customers. 35. Works directly with key customer contacts, as well as our customer support, and application groups to address any customer issues and must work to maintain availability of our applications and to ensure that we meet our Service Level Agreements.
36. Ability to work extended hours with their teams and under considerable pressure in order to successfully resolve issues. 37. Abiltity to mentor and challenge staff, lead application projects, assist team members in meeting their individual goals and to promote a positive attitude and work culture. 38. Has overall accountability for the work of the application teams, supporting the staff, coaching and mentoring the managers and teams in their diagnosis and root cause analysis techniques, while at times, also directly leading the troubleshooting efforts for complex systems. 39. Must demonstrate self-motivation, be proactive and solution-oriented. Responsible for High Availability and disaster recovery policies, procedures and implementation methodology 40. Acts as one of the primary point of communication between IT Applications and the business and functional units.
41. Other duties as assigned.
42. Provides leadership and demonstrates strong organizational core values
Extensive management experience and knowledge directing the daily operations and overall strategy for CUH Applications, included but not limited to Financial, Clinical, IT and ERP applications.
8 to 10 years progressively responsible experience in Program/Project Management, managing personnel, application support, and life-cycle management.
Capable of developing and executing a strategic plan based on leveraging the full functionality of technology investments with systems and applications.