The EDI Specialist is directly responsible for establishing connections that integrate our ?technology platforms with vendors & insurance carriers. In addition, the position would be responsible for establishing and/or maintaining internal platform integrations. The position will help support new platforms, assist with new and ongoing system development, and testing of interfaces.
This individual will:
· Work with the Implementation Specialist and Client Relationship Managers to manage the relationship with carriers and vendors for our clients. This includes the initial file setup as well as ongoing support and changes to those files. This will be done through internal meetings, calls with vendors/carriers and at times clients and brokers.
· Integrations include
o Standard 834 files as well as proprietary EDI feeds
o Payroll and Cobra files
o XML file conversions
· Create proficiencies through the Clarity technology stack of C#, SQL, and Excel Macro’s and suggest procedural changes accordingly.
· Continuously refine, improve, and document efficiencies of the interface exchange process.
· Manage expectations, proactively look for potential issues, and communicate timelines and changes while staying within reasonable timelines.
· Complete requirement discussions, perform analysis and configure system as needed to meet deliverables such as:
o Define required layouts/file specifications, frequency of file transmission, connectivity options/information, etc.
o Work with implementation to configure systems as needed based on clients plan requirements regarding vendor files.
o Testing with vendors/carriers for new files or updates needed for existing files including assist with data discrepancy resolution until file is ready for a production environment.
o Working with implementation or Client Relationship manager to research and resolve vendor/carrier/client inquiries regarding interfaces.
· Research and recommend system enhancements and tools based on client needs.
· Assist with internal data interfaces as needed
· 3+ years of EDI / ETL experience
· Experience with 834 files
· Experience with ongoing benefits/implementation processes
· 2+ years of C#, SQL, and Macro Development in Excel
Knowledge of ANSI, XML, and X12 Standards.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Access, SQL/VBA preferred
· Understanding of fixed width and delimited files
· Good written/verbal communication skills and ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical personnel; display confidence when answering questions
· Ability to operate and make timely decisions and discuss with management
· Strong analytical skill set
· Must possess a passion for teamwork, client service and be results oriented
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $70,000.00 – $80,000.00 per year
Work Location: Remote