Center for Domestic Peace
Social Media Specialist
Job Title: Social Media Specialist
Hours: 18 hours/week
Compensation: $27.64 per/hour ($57,500 FTE)
Date of Hire: Immediate
Location: San Rafael, CA with remote option
CENTER FOR DOMESTIC PEACE is a non-profit organization, in existence now for 44 years, working at the county, state, and national level to end domestic violence. Center for Domestic Peace (C4DP) serves women, men, and youth who have been, and/or who are at risk of being, abused and or battered, or who have perpetrated, and/or who are at risk of perpetrating, abuse, bullying, and or battering. C4DP’s programs helping children, teens, women, and men to live violence-free lives include: 24-hour hotline; emergency shelter; transitional housing; support groups; legal advocacy; school programs; community prevention and education projects; professional continuing education programs; corporate, state, and nation-wide trainings; leadership development programs; and resource identification.
C4DP is three years into a comprehensive approach to social media that includes active engagement on 4 platforms (Facebook, Instrgram, Linkedin and Twitter). We are seeking an individual to advance the work to the next stage of development to promote greater engagement and action in support of the organization, and toward ending domestic violence/violence against women and girls. We are looking for a dynamic and creative individual to bring their expert writing, graphic design, and analytic skills to more deeply engage current followers, increase help-seeking behavior for survivors in special populations, and strategically increase total number of followers. The Social Media Specialist will play a key role in defining communication priorities, message development and testing.
Under the direct supervision of the Development and Community Relations Officer, this part time position will work on quarterly objectives around driving a more robust social media presence with special populations in mind, tracking responses, and refining messaging and at the same time owning the social media presence for
C4DP events, trainings, hiring, and public relations.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Work with the Development and Community Relations Officer to create and update the organization’s social media goals and strategies
2. Maintain systems and habits, supported by tools, to manage and maintain our presence on social media channels
3. Conduct ongoing social media listening activities to monitor the activities and conversations of other relevant organizations and current events
4. Define appropriate participation in online conversations for C4DP and carry out that participation
5. Create systems for assessing reach/impact, conducting data analysis and for reporting
6. Based on benchmarks and data, refine/adjust objectives, strategies and tactics on a regular basis
7. Meet with other managers of social media in nonprofits online and/or in person to share experiences and gain insights
8. Participate in regular skill building training about social media along with other staff to maintain C4DP skills and capacity
9. Create, refine and track content messages for special populations, which may include affluent women, youth, Spanish speakers, men, survivors, abusers, etc.
10. Create content messages for special campaigns: Domestic Violence Awareness Month, Year-End
Fundraising, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, Sexual Assault/Teen Dating Violence Awareness Month, Pride
11. Manage volunteer and intern efforts to support social media work.
1. College degree and/or 2-4 years relevant experience in community-based organizations in marketing or related role.
2. 2-3 years’ experience as a media manager, social media specialist, or equivalent
3. Demonstrable social networking experience and social analytics tools knowledge
4. Excellent storytelling, copywriting and editing skills
5. Graphic design skills needed, Canva experience a plus
6. Fluent and up-to-date with the latest digital technologies and social media trends
7. Cultural, linguistic, gender and age sensitivity as it relates to social media outlets and messaging
8. Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of, and alignment with, the Battered Women’s Justice Movement perspectives on batterers, abused and at-risk victims, youth, and children, and progressive movements to end violence
9. Understanding of C4DP’s feminist analysis of domestic violence
10. Resourcefulness, flexibility, self-motivation, and ability to inspire enthusiasm and participation
11. Computer skills: comfortable with Microsoft Office suite with ability to learn new software, as needed
12. Reading and writing in Spanish a plus
13. Flexible work schedule.
CENTER FOR DOMESTIC PEACE IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We are committed to employment policies and procedures assuring all qualified persons are accorded equal opportunity for employment, promotion and training.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $27.64 per hour
Work Location: One location
Tagged as: USA
Effective Spend is looking for an ambitious Digital Marketing Specialist to join our growing LA team! Effective Spend is a...Apply For This Job
JOB OVERVIEWLove What You Do, Every Day.Brasada Ranch is an award-winning, rustic, elegant retreat for members, guests, and our team....Apply For This Job
Rockstar Paid Media Manager Wanted Are you an experienced Paid Media Manager that enjoys generating superior results & helping clients...Apply For This Job
Our Company New Reach Education is an education company based out of Tempe AZ. At New Reach Education, our streamlined...Apply For This Job
DigiStream Investigations, VMS. Position: Social Media Investigator Office Location: West Sacramento, CA Starting Hourly Compensation: $16.50 – $17.50 per hour...Apply For This Job
Who are we?Cornershop by Uber is an on-demand grocery delivery app that delivers an hour of free time to your...Apply For This Job