JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY:
You are responsible for producing wall panel designs that are specific to client requirements. You will produce wall panel shop drawings, wall panel layouts and create custom stairs designs for commercial projects. Working knowledge of the construction industry and the associated costs is required to effectively perform the job. You will be asked to perform certain tasks outside the normal scope of operations.
You report directly to the Senior Wall Panel Designer of Bruce L. Jones Contractor Company. You will work closely with your peers in the Pre-Construction department at Bruce Jones Contractor Company to help meet the strategic goals of the company.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL/TRAINING QUALIFICATIONS:
· Required Qualifications – Must be legally allowed to work in the United States. A High School Diploma or the equivalent. The ability to effectively communicate with clients and management staff; time management skills; problem solving skills; critical thinking skills; organizational skills; English language skills; advanced computer skills, specifically the ability to operate within MS Office, CAD, MiTek, and Acrobat Pro; professional writing skills; and reading skills.
· Preferred Qualifications – A minimum of two years of experience in designing panels and/or trusses in the construction industry. An Associate or Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline from an accredited college or university.
· Production Efficiency – You must effectively create wall panel designs by incorporating architectural layouts/sections/details, structural design components, roof and floor truss engineering, mechanical and plumbing designs, steel designs, rough openings and all revisions. You must achieve key performance indicators (KPI) goals per the company strategic plan. Goals are to be set and met on a daily schedule. You must show the ability to participate in the development and maintenance of procedures and initiatives to meet this strategic responsibility.
· Effective Planning – You must be able to effectively coordinate, using all appropriate methods, with potential and existing customers, to meet deadlines. You must demonstrate the ability to effectively communicate with clients and your peers in the organization. Participation in strategic, operational and tactical management of the business operations is required as necessary.
· Time Management – You must be able to manage your time effectively including proactively communicating with clients and potential clients in regards to design. Effectively multi-tasking various jobs at once is necessary.
· Business Knowledge – Detailed understanding of construction design is necessary. General knowledge of profit is necessary. You must display the ability to create wall panel drawings and layouts for awarded jobs.
· Organizational Skills – You must be able to organize thoughts and implement action plansto effectively complete the duties of the wall panel designer position. The guidelines outlined in this document are geared towards productive planning, plan implementation and analysis of data to effectively develop and maintain business.
· Effective Communication – You musteffectively communicate with your peers and higher management. Participation and facilitation of the Level 10 meeting every week is required. You must also effectively communicate with clients and vendors as necessary.
SPECIFIC ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Create wall panel shop drawings incorporating all necessary design notes for panel lines.
· Create wall panel layouts with detail needed for the field to erect wall panels, roof and floor systems.
· Coordinate lumber needs after design with Purchaser.
· Create custom stair designs for commercial projects.
· Collaborate with structural engineers on stair and building projects.
· Visits job sites to field measure foundations.
· Attend job site meetings with engineers, architects, trades.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY POLICY:
COMPANY provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 – $30.00 per hour
Work Location: One location
Have you established the strategy and lead a team of engineers to provide stable and reliable environments for engineers (Developers...Apply For This Job
Careers with ConnectYourCare, part of the Optum and UnitedHealth Group family of businesses. ConnectYourCare is transforming the way people save,...Apply For This Job
Dover Precision Components delivers performance-critical solutions for rotating and reciprocating machinery across the oil & gas, power generation, marine, industrial,...Apply For This Job
Job Description: The Data Services team is a core competency of IT that enables AssetMark Financial to deliver a platform...Apply For This Job
IDEAL INDUSTRIES, Inc. has been propelled by the principles of its founder, J. Walter Becker, for nearly a century. Since...Apply For This Job
SNC is searching for a Principal Systems Engineer (RF) to work on a team of mechanical and electrical engineers to...Apply For This Job