BlueCrest is a global, innovative leader in enterprise print, mail and customer communications. Our products include printers, inserters, sorters and parcel solutions–and a renewed commitment to innovative software and vote-by-mail solutions. We are proud to be an industry and market leader in the mail space.
Although our manufacturing headquarters is based in Danbury, Connecticut, we are a global company with clients and team members in over 18 countries worldwide, including an expansive field service team comprised of over eight-hundred specialized field service technicians.
· The Quality & Active Products Engineering team (10 FTEs) reports to the Department Director and includes a mix of Design, Manufacturing Process, & Quality/Procurement Engineers which are focused on the support of New Product Development as well as Production Buy, Build, Integration & Qualification support of the Manufacturing & Supply Chain teams.
· A working entry-to-mid tier engineering manager who may also lead a small team of technician level associates and/or consultants focused on internal quality processes, quality of supplied systems/parts including rejected incoming material review, outgoing manufacturing quality, and ISO9001 preparedness.
· Accountable to ensure the quality of outgoing shipments and the disposition of incoming rejected supplier materials by ensuring processes are followed and/or created accordingly to ensure said quality.
· Leads, manages, coordinates internal ISO self-audits and preparation and execution of annual ISO9001 certifications.
· Maintains individual responsibility for the technical support of assigned key supplier(s) and/or commodities in partnership with the internal Procurement Supplier Relationship Owners.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES (Include Budget, P&L, and People Management Responsibilities, as appropriate)
· Coordinate Interdepartmental leads to plan for and develop processes and documentation to support successful implementation of Quality Systems to gain and maintain ISO certifications.
· Directly supervises technician level and/or ISO consulting resources as assigned.
· Leads efforts to determine Root Cause and required Corrective Actions to resolve supplier, internal and field production Quality-related issues. Drives required documentation and resolution.
· Manages the Material Review Board process and resulting resolution.
· Contributes to the overall budgeting for the QA function/cost center.
· Collaborates with his/her direct supervisor to develop and maintain quality metrics (supplier and internal).
· Collaborates with his/her direct supervisor to track and report on Cost of Quality and recommend/ implement quality initiatives to reduce that cost.
· Strong knowledge of inspection equipment and methods as well as geometric tolerancing.
· Responsibility for the company-wide equipment Calibration process, execution, and reporting thereof – ensures all necessary equipment/tools/instruments that are deemed elemental in the manufacture and shipping of product are kept up to date and current to their prescribed/documents calibration interval.
The role will report to the Director of Quality (or the role acting in that position – presently the CTO) and will have material working relationships with –
· Manufacturing & Systems Integration Management & Professionals.
· Manufacturing Specialists/Technicians.
· Engineering Management & Professionals.
· Shipping/receiving Management & Professionals.
· Quality Professionals – QA & Commodity/Supplier Engineers.
· All functional leads, including executive management, across the business as it relates to ISO9001 certification preparedness and auditing.
QUALIFICATIONS (SKILLS, EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS)
· ASME/EE or other technical curriculum + supervisory training.
· 8 years in an engineering role which included but was not limited to quality, and/or supplier/commodity engineering and/or machine/mechanical design.
· 3 years leading/influencing others (directly or indirectly) in the above disciplines (non-business leadership experience considered – military, etc.).
· Direct experience with ISO9001 methodologies, practices, and auditing practices.
· Familiar with Metrology/Calibration practices and management programs.
· Prior experience with Material Review Board practices/processes – leading or participating.
· Familiar with creating and managing quality metrics and reporting thereof.
· Communicate effectively with management, peers and junior team members and stimulate innovative thinking to resolve challenges.
· Maintain professional conduct & positive working relationships with all reporting employees, peers & management.
· BSME/EE or other technical curriculum + verified relevant leadership training.
· 10 years quality engineering including 3 years direct supervisory experience (3+ FTEs & projects) in the engineering and quality realm.
· Prior experience in the mailing equipment industry – design & manufacture.
· Certified Quality Professional – ASQ or other.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $100,000.00 per year
All new hires must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to start. In addition, one negative COVID test result must be provided prior to start.
Work Location: One location
2020 R&D Fall Internship Program Goulston is offering internship opportunities during the Fall of 2020 to students currently enrolled in...Apply For This Job
Overview: At Segment, we believe companies should be able to send their data wherever they want, whenever they want, with...Apply For This Job
Entry Level…No Experience Required, just a willingness to work Pallet Consolidation in a warehouse 12 hour Shifts (Day or Night)...Apply For This Job
MECHANICAL ENGINEER position summary: ESCO Group is a growing and entrepreneurial business that designs and builds machinery for the polyurethane...Apply For This Job
Description Job Description: Leidos is looking for Intelligence Technical Specialists to provide document scanning support to the KODIAK declassification program....Apply For This Job
Description Does a career focused on changing the world’s energy future intrigue you? If so, we might have just the...Apply For This Job