Position Title: Project Engineer
Reports To: Division Manager
FLSA Status: Full-time, Exempt
Location: Golden, Loveland, Colorado Springs, CO
General Summary: Project Engineers are involved in the design and permitting for Land Development, Transportation, and Water/Wastewater projects. Site development including, road design, grading, and stormwater design, infrastructure engineering, transportation engineering, or related areas of site development. Duties will include field inspection of work quality, materials, and workmanship used on a variety of Public Works, construction projects, ensuring conformance with approved plans, specifications, and contract documents, maintaining records, preparation of project inspection reports, and may also include oversight and assignment of other inspection personnel.
· Responsible for addressing internal and external plan review comments.
· Prepare a variety of site plans, plan and profile drawings, grading plans, utility plans, and roadway plans.
· Work on AutoCAD Civil3d, site grading, drainage, and utility design.
· Preparation of drainage reports, engineer’s cost estimates, bid schedules, and project specifications.
· Following and meeting project goals, budgets, and schedules
· Collaborate with internal and external design team members
· Perform site visits and conduct construction observation to ensure quality control and contract compliance for roadway, structure, and other infrastructure construction projects of moderate to considerable complexity.
· Be able to recognize basic construction or engineering problems; recommend changes to construction plans to meet field conditions.
· Frequent external contact with contractor personnel to schedule and coordinate project inspection and resolve problems.
· Ability to manage multiple projects, multiple tasks, and deadlines.
· Coordinate and delegate to Staff Engineers and CAD Technicians in a team setting.
· Deliver and pick up plans to and from clients and municipal entities.
· Preparing comment response letters and binding reports.
· Plan reproduction and assembly.
· Permit preparation.
· 3 to 5 years of Civil Engineering is preferred.
· Proficiency in AutoCAD/Civil 3D, MS Word, and Excel.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Proven ability to work independently and ability to work remotely and communicate as part of a team.
· Must have the ability to recognize and re-prioritize direction and priorities from many different people.
· Valid driver’s license.
Education or Formal Training:
· Bachelors of Science in Civil Engineering required
· EIT license or PE required
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, employees are regularly required to walk, stand or sit; talk or hear, both in person and by telephone; use hands to repetitively finger, handle, feel or operate standard computers and other field and office equipment; reach with hands and arms.
While working in the office: Typically sit at a desk or table; occasionally lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects weighing up to 30 lbs. While performing the duties of this class, employees are regularly required to use written and oral communication skills; read and interpret data, information and documents; analyze and solve problems; use math and mathematical reasoning; observe and interpret situations; learn and apply new information or new skills; perform highly detailed work on multiple concurrent tasks; and interact with staff and other organizations and supervisors, co-workers, inspectors and employees in other departments and others encountered in the course of work.
While working in the field: Regularly walk, stand or stoop. Occasionally required to lift objects weighing up to 50 pounds. Frequently lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects weighing up to 40 lbs. Use tools or equipment requiring a high degree of dexterity. Carry equipment up and down steep terrain. Walk, stand, crouch or run on narrow, slippery or erratically moving surfaces. Regularly drive a field truck/vehicle and occasionally operate a rugged off terrain vehicle. Exposure to normal and standard construction site environment; exposure to noise, dust, grease, smoke, fumes, gases, heat, cold, and inclement weather conditions when conducting field observations.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $73,000.00 – $85,000.00 per year
Tagged as: USA
Work for Indiana Grow your career with the State of Indiana! With more than 50 executive branch agencies, the State...Apply For This Job
Job Summary Victory Lane Quick Oil Change is looking for qualified, full-time and part-time Automotive Service Technicians for our locations....Apply For This Job
We are an award-winning agent for Evans Delivery and we are looking for Owner Operators for intermodal work into/out of...Apply For This Job
New hires who show proof of their Covid-19 vaccination earn a $100 bonus their first day. Warehouse Team Member (Seasonal,...Apply For This Job
Equivalent Experience Aerotek is currently seeking a qualified Civil Engineer for a position in Vancouver, WA. Description:Land development civil design...Apply For This Job
Job Description Water Resource Engineer/ Project Manager Actively working with Engineering firm in Massachusetts is currently seeking a Water Resources...Apply For This Job