BASIC FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
This position will lead the day-to-day management of complex proposal and contract activities in accordance with company policies, legal and customer requirements with limited guidance or supervision from the Contracts Manager. Interpret and communicate business commitments and alternatives to program team and management. Position requires an extensive knowledge of government and commercial contracting methods, applicable laws and regulations. May guide work of lower grade contracting employees. Develop and maintain professional and critical relationships with both internal and external customers.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
– Maintain an in-depth knowledge and working understanding of the US Government Acquisition and Procurement environment, the BAE Systems Contracts function and relevant company policies and procedures, commercial contracting methods, FAR/DFARS, export and other government regulations.
– Independently lead and support proposal activities including, but not limited to analysis of solicitations, preparing summaries and developing strategies and recommendations based on the analysis, with attention to the financial and business risk of the proposed effort, participating in all proposal team meetings, preparing the terms, conditions and assumptions upon which the proposal may be submitted, reviewing the technical and pricing proposals for accuracy and consistency, conducting overall business risk analysis and preparing the proposal documents for submittal to the Customer.
– Responsibilities also include coordinating with other company functions as required to ensure appropriate reviews are conducted, scheduling required reviews, and obtaining required review and approval signatures prior to submittal of proposals or execution of contractual documents.
– Perform all aspects of assigned contract or purchase order processing including, but not limited to, accuracy of order entry data, contract funding, scope changes, contract amendments, receipts and delivery schedules, legal requirements and other commitments.
– Compile and maintain all required contractual records and documents in accordance with contract requirements and Company policies and procedures.
Schedule will be 9/80 work week.
**Must be able to be onsite for 2-3 days a week**
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
Required education: Associates degree plus 5 years of relevant Contract Management or Supply Chain Management experience.
Excellent communication Skills
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
NCMA Certification in Contracts Management
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair…just to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too.
At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We’re laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Through our MDV military division, SpartanNash is a leading distributor of grocery products to U.S. commissaries around the world. Providing...Apply For This Job
Summary/Objective A Logistics Manager is responsible for all supply chain management duties including selecting carriers, researching shipping methods, assessing freight...Apply For This Job
Job Description Priority Courier Experts is Minnesota’s leading on-demand, scheduled, and routed same day trucking company, servicing more than 4000...Apply For This Job
Brambles companies, including CHEP, help move more goods to more people, in more places than any other organisation on earth....Apply For This Job
SunIRef:Sales:title ROAR Logistics, Inc. is a global transportation service provider (3PL) and U.S. Customhouse Brokerage, offering an extensive portfolio of...Apply For This Job
The Operations Supervisor – Distribution Center is responsible for overseeing and coordinating warehouse activities such as shipping and receiving, maintaining...Apply For This Job