Assistant Category Manager
About the company
Albertsons Companies is at the forefront of the revolution in retail. With a fixation on innovation and building culture, our team is rallying our company around a unique vision: forging a retail winner that is admired for national strength, deep roots in the communities we serve, and a team that has passion for food and delivering great service.
Albertsons is one of the largest retail employers, providing approximately 300,000 jobs across 2,200 stores, 22 distribution centers, 20 food and beverage plants and various support offices. We operate in 34 states and the District of Columbia under the Albertsons banner, as well as Safeway, Tom Thumb, Jewel Osco, Shaw’s and many more recognizable names.
What you will be doing
The Assistant Category Manager will report to the National Category Director and be responsible for partnering with the division merchants to develop and manage the overall merchandising strategy for your category(s). The position will be performed remotely until our offices fully reopen. At that time later this year, the position will be based in one of our Division offices (Bellevue WA, Clackamas OR, Pleasanton CA, Fullerton CA, Phoenix AZ, Denver CO, Itasca IL, Arlington TX, Lanham, MD, Malvern PA, or West Bridgewater MA) or in our national headquarters (Boise ID). Some travel will be required to interact with division merchandising teams and national suppliers.
This is a new role and a significant opportunity to make a difference in transforming Albertsons Companies to better serve our customers. As a member of your category pod, you will help manage the merchandising planning process for your category(s). You will work closely with the National Category Director and national and division merchandising leadership. You will develop deep category expertise and own the execution of key analyses to drive category-level decisions. You will develop an understanding of category trends, innovations, consumer preferences, nuances by geography and customer segments, and competitor activity.
· Diversity & Inclusion – Develops an approach that considers associates and leaders from across the organization and draws diverse perspectives into recommendations. Fosters a diverse and inclusive team and work environment and role models our culture and leadership practices.
What we are searching for
The ideal candidate has an entrepreneurial spirit and a successful track record of delivering results. They hold a curious mindset, are innovative and bring creativity to improving processes with a keen eye for efficiency and automation. They want to be part of a team that will lead a retail transformation, build an amazing culture, and drive the overall success of the company.
· Previous store operations experience or similar experience where a strong understanding of operations and merchandising approaches has been gained
· Quantitative, marketing, merchandising and consumer research background to read, interpret and understand how internal and external factors influence financial results
· Ability to read and interpret profit and loss statement understand components of the P&L affect category performance
· Strong analytical and problems solving skills and be experienced taking initiative and making decisive, yet appropriate decisions
· Strong planning, facilitating, and organizing skills
· Strong written and verbal communication skills as well as interpersonal skills to develop and maintain effective business relationships within and outside the company
· Able to effectively participate in a collaborative process with multiple stakeholders
· Familiarity with Category Business Planning
· Familiar with procurement, logistics and inventory management
· Familiar with computer applications (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
We believe the successful candidate has these qualifications and experience:
· 2 – 5+ years of retail / category experience.
· 5 years’ experience in the grocery industry.
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience with a related degree in Business, Marketing, or related field
· Proficiency with merchandising tools (e.g., Periscope, Demand Tech, I2E, BI Dashboards, GOLD, OMNI tool)
What it is like at Albertsons?
Albertsons Culture Principles
Compassion: We always treat each other with kindness and respect
Team: We always support and recognize each other
Inclusive: We always value everyone’s perspective
Learning: We always strive to grow and develop ourselves and others
Competitive: We always act with integrity to win over the customer
Ownership: We always take actions to drive our success
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $80,000.00 – $101,000.00 per year
WAREHOUSE MANAGER Nature Fresh Farms is a recognized leader within the greenhouse farming industry with facilities in Delta, OH and...Apply For This Job
YOUR LIFE’S MISSION: POSSIBLE You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you’re passionate about. What’s Important to You Is Important...Apply For This Job
No. of Positions 3 Position Summary As a Delivery Driver for Omnicare Pharmacy, you will deliver prescription orders and/or products...Apply For This Job
Job ID: 216157 Location: REMOTE WORK , UT , US Date Posted: 2021-04-26 Category: Logistics Subcategory: Logistics Schedule: Full-time Shift:...Apply For This Job
CHS Access Transfer Center – Antioch, TN – Virtual Hiring Event! Event DetailsDate: Wednesday, April 14, 2021 What We’re Hiring...Apply For This Job
Work with the best. Drive your own success. Ranked as the #1 North American logistics company according to Transport Topics,...Apply For This Job